Moody and sleeplessness | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Moody and sleeplessness Moody and sleeplessness

Unread 02-19-2010, 06:06 PM
Moody and sleeplessness

My hyster is still 3 1/2 weeks away but for several weeks I have been EXTRA moody and can't sleep. I have grounded myself today because I haven't been playing well with others; everything people do or say is ticking me off big time Also I can't sleep I will either stay awake half the night trying to get to sleep or I will wake up early morning staring at the celing. There is really no hormonal reasoning for this. My last visit from my "friend" is still a few weeks away. I have been wanting this surgery for quite some time so I am not upset about that. The only thing I can think of is I am more anxious and nervous than I really think. Anyone else having problems?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-19-2010, 06:35 PM
Re: Moody and sleeplessness

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindy9647 View Post
My hyster is still 3 1/2 weeks away but for several weeks I have been EXTRA moody and can't sleep. I have grounded myself today because I haven't been playing well with others; everything people do or say is ticking me off big time Also I can't sleep I will either stay awake half the night trying to get to sleep or I will wake up early morning staring at the celing. There is really no hormonal reasoning for this. My last visit from my "friend" is still a few weeks away. I have been wanting this surgery for quite some time so I am not upset about that. The only thing I can think of is I am more anxious and nervous than I really think. Anyone else having problems?
Yes- I was at the grocery store today and no one was moving fast enough. I work 2 jobs and have been trying to do in one month what I would have done in 2 so I can be off. I just get aggitated for no reason. My TAH is 3 weeks away. I am going for a cat scan on Monday so they can determine if it could be cancer. I sometimes start to cry for no good reason. It may not be hormones but it may be the anxiety of all that is happening, the changes.... Major surgery is a major life event. But hopefully you have a support group that is there with an ear, with a hug, and with understanding. One day at at time is good thinking. Hope you can rest a little easier. I usually wake up several times a night sometimes for an hour or two at a time. Maybe we should all get on our computers and talk to each other until we fall asleep.
Unread 02-19-2010, 06:41 PM

You are not alone I don't think I have slept all night since mine was scheduled... and today everything made me cry..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-19-2010, 06:53 PM

I've been very emotional as well, crying over anything.

The most frustrating is the lack of sleep and trouble staying asleep.

One day at a time , I guess.

for all of us.
Unread 02-19-2010, 07:22 PM

Man can I ever relate... I too don't feel it is nervousness over the surgery... but I am sure it is there subconsciously hovering... Hope you get some rest soon... I know how tiring it is not to sleep... I have had about 6 hours in the last 3 nights... And I would put money down that tomorrow morning I am awake, bright eyed and bushy tailed by 7 am !!!!
Unread 02-19-2010, 08:25 PM

Wow, I can so relate to you all!! This journey has put me on an emotional rollcoaster and I want to get off. Lot of tears and got depressed ...I too have a hard time getting to sleep...usually takes about 1 to 2 hours but most times 2 hours is the norm and then I have to get up every 3 hours to pee cuz the huge fibroid pushing on my bladder ...Even if I want to sleep in, I tend to wake up early but I don't allow myself to get out of bed ...I try to go back to sleep and sometimes I do...So yeah I can relate. This journey is weighing on me and I am sure when I have my pre-op appointment that I will be a nervous wreck! For a while there, I couldn't even talk about surgery for too long without crying..doing better now though...so far that is...
Unread 02-19-2010, 08:56 PM

Right after mine was scheduled I had a really hard time sleeping for at least a week. I also was VERY cranky (I posted about it) and it was actually stressing me out what a meanie I felt like I was being.
I seem to have gotten better with it but both problems are still there... just not as bad. I think it will get better!
Unread 02-19-2010, 08:59 PM

OMG! I'm so glad to know I'm not going crazy! I have been snapping at everyone for no good reason, and I haven't had a good night sleep in about week. I am so nervous about my surgery, but I am ready for March 5th! I'm just ready to feel better!
Unread 02-19-2010, 09:07 PM

I'm sorry everyone feels like they do but at least I'm not crazy. Everyone I work with laughs at me saying I don't have a reason to be hormonal yet; according to them I can be after the surgery. My poor husband just goes along for the ride with me, though I'm sure he would like for it to end. I just keep telling myself 3 more weeks and it will be over. I can handle the pain it is the unknown that is bothering me. Thanks sisters. It's nice to know I'm not alone in this!
Unread 02-20-2010, 05:57 AM

Hope you all got some sleep last night... I did sleep... but I was awake at 645 !!! I KNEW I WOULD BE UP BY 7...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register