SURGERY CANCELLED JAN 20th and NO NEW DATE!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

SURGERY CANCELLED JAN 20th and NO NEW DATE!!! SURGERY CANCELLED JAN 20th and NO NEW DATE!!!

Unread 02-23-2010, 07:16 PM
SURGERY CANCELLED JAN 20th and NO NEW DATE!!!

I really need some support from fellow women...This has been way too difficult for me to go alone anymore. After jumping through all the necessary hoops (with insurance and doctors) for the past year (not to mention debilitating pain for the past 18 years)...TWO DAYS before my surgery on Jan. 20th the assistant surgeon broke her shoulder and my head surgeon has gone out on maternity leave. NO ONE else in the whole NY Presbyterian system will do the surgery on me because they feel it's "unethical" because I'm 27. It's unethical to make me suffer through this pain any longer!!!! I ended up in the E.R. on Thursday night because I was in sooooooo much pain that hydromorphone wasn't even working! I hate taking drugs too...and now the only thing that brings me any relief is percocet. My head surgeon (who I had a great rapport with) sent me to a "pain management" clinic. They told me upfront that they will never do a hysterectomy but only "help" me manage the pain. They are supposed to be doing another laparascopy on me the 15th of March. I already had one!!!! I called another hospital system and have an appointment with a new doc. this Friday. I fear she's just going to say no like the others. I don't want t6 live like this anymore!!! And just because I am a woman doesn't mean that I am desperate to have my own child. I am adopted and would love to adopt one day if I DO decide to have children. Has anybody else been through this kind of situation? I have severe endometriosis, menorraghia, dysmennoriah, and "most likely" adenomyosis (they can't verify that until the removal of the uterus). I'm soooo tired of this pain!!! Not only that, I'm on my 2nd 3 month shot of Lupron and Prempro. My emotions are totally screwed up. Does anybody living in NYC recommend a great surgeon covered by medicaid that I could go to? Somebody please help me. I can't take this horrible pain anymore.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-23-2010, 07:23 PM
Re: SURGERY CANCELLED JAN 20th and NO NEW DATE!!!

My situation is not the same as yours but I just wanted to say that I empathize for you and I am really sorry you are having to go thru all this. Hopefully you will get relief soon. Its a shame your assistant surgeon broke her arm but hopefully she will be fine soon and will schedule your surgery not to far in the future??
Unread 02-23-2010, 07:35 PM

I'm so sorry for everything you're going through!
I agree that it's unethical for them to make you suffer through the pain anymore.
I'm 28 and have wanted my stuff out since I was 17! My surgeon only made doubly sure that I was done having children but she was completely prepared to perform a hysterectomy because she understands the pain!
I can't recommend a surgeon but know that you're not alone. We are all here! You and me being close to the same age, I can relate to the crap you get about being "too young". Inbox if you need to!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-23-2010, 09:01 PM

Thank you for the response. Sorry...this is a bit of a vent:

They don't understand how much pain I am in and how frustrating this is. When I saw the assistant surgeon I was upset and she told me to "grow up." She will not as well as everybody else in the entire NY Presbyterian system perform the surgery (even though I've been told a hysterectomy is the only permanent cure for adenomyosis, menorraghia, and dysmennorhia). I can't even begin to tell you the horrible pain I've been in for 18 years. I started my menses when I was 9, started BC pills @12, and had D&[email protected] b/c of abnormally havy/irregular menses. The pain has only gotten worse over the years to a point where I have had to quit jobs I've called out so much. I started missing sometimes 2-3 weeks out of the month. I had to quit college. I haven't been able to work even a menial job since late April of last year. I went to the E.R. (not the first time either) because of the pain last week. Percocet is what I get instead of a long term solution. All I got from the "pain management" clinic so far is prescription laxatives for the constipation caused by endometriosis and am having yet another laparascopy March 15th. I just had one last September. I feel so lost and like I don't know who to turn to. I certainly cannot take this pain until I reach natural menopause! I would have been on my way to healing and a normal life if the surgery had happened like it was supposed to. I had to call a referral number for another hospital system entirely and am seeing a new ob/gyn Friday. I am reeeaaally hoping she will just do the surgery. If I were even just a fw years older they would not be giving me so many problems. The percocet doesn't even work on me when I eat...so I have a choice to either starve and be painless or eat and have the debilitating pain. I wish I could just transfer the pain to these doctors for a few seconds so that they understand what I'm going through. because there is no aesthetic manifestation of the pain (other than my tears) I feel it's hard for them to really comprehend the amount of pain I am suffering. Nobody will help me!
Unread 02-23-2010, 09:09 PM

I thought maybe because I was in tears (from the pain) and upset that I got off to a bad start with the assistant surgeon. She was a total ***** to me when I saw her after the surgery was cancelled. I brought her an organic chocolate bar and a card just to let her know I'm not normally in tears like that unless I'm in pain. She will not do the surgery. Instead told me to "grow up" when I was upset and "if you don't feel like you are getting good service here then you can go somewhere else. this is a customer service industry." My main surgeon has had problems with her pregnancy and will be gone until who knows when. I have asked every other surgeon I could find in the NYPres system. They all give me the "unethical" speech. I feel it is way more unethical to make me suffer like this.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register