Posterior and anterior bladder repair | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Pelvic Floor and Bladder Issues

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Posterior and anterior bladder repair Posterior and anterior bladder repair

Unread 02-27-2010, 05:12 PM
Posterior and anterior bladder repair

Hi everyone
I have had a posterior and anterior repair done vaginaly. I had a vaginal hysterectomy 10 yrs ago. That's why I needed this op . I am still bleeding nearly two weeks later it literaly drips. I haven't had any bleeding for 10 yrs so this is really weird having bleeding. I have a lot of pain that's like period pains also a draging feeling down my legs. I don't know if it is normal.
If you can please let me know if this is normal or not, I would
be very happy.
Thank you Dawn xx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-27-2010, 07:23 PM
Re: Posterior and anterior bladder repair

Please call your dr or the dr on call and ask. I do not know if this is normal or not, but if blood is dripping - that seems like more than should be happening after 2 weeks... Did your dr give you any discharge directions that listed things to watch for and told about duration of symptoms like this?

Good luck. Let us know what the dr says.
Unread 03-01-2010, 08:59 PM

Thanks Calypso
I rang the hospital ward i was on and spoke to th Dr on call, she agreed that I shouldn't be bleeding like this. So she made me an appointment for the emergence clinic. Which I went to on Monday. They had a look and at the time she couldn't see much blood only discharge. Typical when I could do with her seeing it she couldn't just my luck. Anyway she had a look and said I had an infection, so I am now on antibiotics. If after a week I haven't stopped bleeding as much, I need to ring my own Dr and sleek to his secretary about seeing him.
Thanks Dawn xxx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-03-2010, 09:35 AM

Hi
I know that the Dr said I have an infection, but that doesn't help the fact that I'm bleeding. It doesn't seem to be stopping so I had a look with a mirror. I have blood coming from inside and a lot oozing from the stitches near my perennial area. I have been loosing blood constantly since the op 17 days ago. I feel really drained more than normal. On top of having this problem I also have chronic pancreatitis, which I have suffered with for two years. So I know that some of what I'm feeling is that but this week no energy is definitely because of this surgery. Could I have become anemic because of loosing this blood.
I hope someone on here can give me some advice.
Thanks Dawn xx
Unread 03-03-2010, 09:40 AM

Ask your dr to check hemoglobin level - that will tell you if you're anemic right away. Sounds like your dr is not taking this seriously enough. Perhaps call and talk to the nurse - usually they're more sympathetic to our needs. I would call your dr office today and let them know what's going on. Hope you get this resolved soon. Sounds awful.
Unread 03-03-2010, 10:46 AM

Hi Dawn - I am almost 7 weeks post op and am on antibiotics too (because of a suspected infection). I'm no doctor but it sounds odd that you are bleeding so much even taking account of your infection. I would keep complaining until you find someone who takes you seriously. A week is a long time to leave it in the hope that the antibiotics will clear it up . My surgeon was very sympathetic and said that it was perfectly normal to be anxious. I hope you get some answers soon.
C
Unread 03-03-2010, 12:57 PM

Dawn,

I haven't had my repairs yet .... I read that bleeding following A&P repairs can continue for 2 or 3 weeks... however, it shouldn't be heavy and if it is or if a foul smell, then you need to have it investigated...

did the bleeding increase following your leave from the hospital? typically, if heavy bleeding post-op, the staff will address as it could be an infection, suture problem or fistula which could require additional surgery or vaginal packing, etc... if it occurred after your leave, it could still be one of the same problems ... either way, I agree with the others that you should have it investigated... if your doc dismisses the issue, I'd get a referral from your primary for another to check it out...

another thought.... are you taking anything that thins the blood like aspirin, vitamin e, etc... (the list of meds, herbals and vitamins not to take prior to surgery?..... did you bleed excessively with your hysterectomy?.... perhaps, your blood is thin as mine is the opposite, an excessive clotting factor and I take blood thinners that bring mine to a "normal" level...

I'd get a blood test as it's easy for some of us to become anemic with bleeding as it pends your normal level (could be low range as I have this one and even prior to being prescribed my current meds which would dictate no blood donation, I was told that they didn't want my donation due to the low iron levels)...

You may want to start another thread about the pain issues for some of the sisters here have written about it and referred pains so it may be normal... I don't know how long this lasts ... probably pends the cause ... so again, I'd definitely seek a doc who will listen to and address your concerns and symptoms...

good luck,
Kathy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register