Not Scheduled Adenomyosis??? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Adenomyosis??? Adenomyosis???

Unread 02-28-2010, 07:42 PM
Adenomyosis???

Not formally diagnosed yet. Dr. is sure this is my problem. Getting Ultrasound and MRI next week. Suffering for at least 3 years with increasing pain. Already had ablation. How do I come to terms emotionally with having my uterus removed. I have 3 children. My tubes have been tied for 6 years already. Am I going crazy with pain and emotions???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-28-2010, 08:27 PM
Re: Adenomyosis???

Well, I am like you, I have had my tubes tied. Had that done when I had my novasure ablation done back in October. I am in more pain now than I was before the ablation. I was upset at first about losing my uterus, but then I decided that it has served its purpose and now it is only causing me pain, so it is time to let it go! I want to live a better quality of life for my kids and my husband. I feel like they only have a part of me right now, but I am hoping after Wednesday, they will start to get the rest of me too! I wish you the best with whatever decision you make!
Unread 02-28-2010, 08:39 PM

I had a hyster. about 8 years ago for the same reason and let me just tell you, it was the best thing I have EVER done!! The surgery, (total vaginal hysterectomy) was very easy. I took 4 weeks off of work full time and then another 2 weeks worked 1/2 days. (I worked in child care and couldn't lift) The pain I had all the time was gone and I no longer had menstral pain that was putting me to bed for days during my period. We had made the decision for no more kids, but when I heard about having a hysterectomy, I was a bit taken back. But now that I have fixed the pain, I can enjoy the time with my kids all the more! The quality of my time with them is SOOOO much better! If surgery is the way you go, give yourself time to grieve a bit, but look at the future that you have ahead!
Best wishes to you! Praying you find the peace you are looking for!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-28-2010, 10:00 PM

hi, i have the same thing & probably a prolapse, its taken me 18mths to make my decision...............i feel at peace with it now & i am trying to imagine a better quality of life after years of grin & bear it!!
Unread 03-01-2010, 08:07 AM

Dear PMCNURSE,
I know how you're feeling. I had adenomyosis positively confirmed through an MRI and a uterine muscle biopsy. I also have 3 children, and 2 step children. I also was done having babies, but I felt such an overwhelming sadness that the place that created my sweet babies would be taken out. Your emotions and feelings are normal and not crazy. I think it just takes time to come to terms with it. For me after my ablation when my pain increased ten fold that helped me quite a bit with the acceptance part. I agree with the other Sister who said I realized it did it's job and how fortunate I was for my children and now all I dealt with was pain on a daily basis. In time you will come to accept it, it doesn't happen overnight and it shouldn't. It's a very big deal and we are here for you as you process this whole thing. I have been through many ups and downs! I am now very happy it is behind me and focusing on my recovery. I wish you the best, and hope this helps a little bit.
~BIG HUGS~
alicia
Unread 03-01-2010, 09:32 AM

I had my tubes tied a few years ago and had an ablation in 06. I stopped bleeding but the pain was worse that before. I just had my LAVH a week ago. They thought I had adenomyosis and I had moderate dysplasia. Recovery has not been that bad so far. I think the waiting is the worst part.
Sending lots of hugs and luck your way.
Kristy
Unread 03-01-2010, 11:52 AM

It is a little sad. But..... I'm not going to think of it as losing my womb, but rather to give it a retirement party for exceptional services. My child is the best thing in my life so I am going to think of it as a comfortable and appreciative retirement and not an eviction.
And that is what I keep telling myself...over and over... :sigh:
Unread 03-01-2010, 12:06 PM

Sweetie, you are not the only one with these feelings and it's normal.
I had my tubes tide 9 yrs ago and just thinking i wont have a uterus anymore really gave me the chills. but just thinking the days with my kidas and family i had missed because of my pain and bleeding really offsets that. Having surgery on march 12 really got me thinking a lot. Is normal to be scared... but here ypu can find all the suport you need, just remember... We are here if you need to talk...
Unread 03-01-2010, 12:22 PM

I had my hysterectomy in January and I am at post op about 4 weeks now. I can tell you even this early in recovery it was the BEST decision I have ever made. When they did my pathology they realized my whole problem was adenomyosis. I was so glad I had decided to go through with the hysterectomy and not attempt the ablation first like was offered to me since ablation as far as I know does nothing to help adenomyosis. I am sorry you are going through the pain of adenomyosis, I do understand. I only have one natural child but I have four step children- three of which are adults and I am just turned 30 and I have a 3 year old step grand child! My dh is about 8 years older than I am and he had a vasectomy before I met him. Just remember, if you decide to go through with the surgery how much less pain you will feel. Try and focus on the positives. That is what I did. Again I am so happy I went through with my surgery.
Unread 03-01-2010, 02:55 PM

I am new here as well and had never heard of adenomyosis until yesterday. I have had increasing pain especially on the right side for years. I had trauma surgery in 1991 to repair my shattered femur (roller blading accident) and since the head of the femur broke off in my pelvis it has been very easy to look to that as the cause of my pain. My menstrual history has been very unusual. After a messy emergency C section in 1991, complete with an infection that went untreated for a month, I slowly stopped having periods for nearly 20 years, 10 of which I was not on the pill. Eight years ago I started having periods again and have very little bleeding, and intense pain.

A new, female gyno got on the job and indeed, I do have fibroids and ovarian cysts worthy of surgery and am working through plans for a LAV. Have had every test know to modern man to find the source of my pain Not sure why adenomyosis has not come up as a possible cause ?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register