Can I panic yet? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Can I panic yet? Can I panic yet?

Unread 10-04-2001, 09:22 PM
Can I panic yet?

OK. I am 4 days pre-op. Monday is the day. I am usually very calm, cool, and collected. What is happening to me? I feel so jumpy and nervous.

Wish I could describe it better, but I feel like I have not slept and drank way too much coffee! Funny thing, I have been sleeping and drinking LOTS of water!

Traci
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-04-2001, 10:21 PM
Right there with yah sister!!!

I am having my surgery the same day as you. I am sure we have talked before. I am in the same boat as you. It's like my life revolves around only the 8th of Oct. I am jumpy, cranky, and teary eyed. Everyday this week has been a different emotion. I don't really know how I feel anymore. I think I am numb now. What time is yours on Monday?Mine is at 7:45 am. I am having a LAVH-USO. He is going to try to save one ovary, and taking everything else out! I really can't wait to see how it will feel when I am all healed up. Just to see what it is like to be with out pain. I probably will be a whole other person. I need a life change. A no pain life change. I can't wait. Not real excited about coming out of the surgery though. I hate that part. I hated when I had the lap. I know this will be worse. Are you pretty nervous? You sound like you are. Oh, and are we suppose to drink a lot of water before? I was not told that. Well, good luck with yours on Monday. I will think of you probably when I am headed to the operating room. I noticed tonight there are quite a few more on the 8th now with us. Take Care and write me if you like to give me a few last minute tips.

Chattygirl
Unread 10-05-2001, 01:15 AM
Can I panic yet?

A BIG to both of you. I have been there before. The last few days before hand I was a nervous wreck. The best thing to do is something that will take you mind off it. Clean as much as you can!! You will be surprised how little things will bug you when you get home. If is like you find something to do because you are bored and well heck...what else do you have to do but look around!!! The day of the surgery I was not as nervous and seemed alot calmer. Don't worry though...things will go fine and you will start to live your life pain free...let me tell you it is a great feeling!!!!! I ate light a few days before my surgery. Reason being is that I didn't want too much floating around my intestines. I think water is a matter of choice. A good choice though. Take care and my best wishes to both of you on Monday!! We will be here when you are ready to talk about your trip to the castle!!

's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-05-2001, 04:35 AM
Can I panic yet?

Hi dear!
You are goign to be fine! I had mine monday the first and I am up and about, but VERY tired! And I had a few medication complications.
We all do it, waiting is the worst yadayada...hate that saying but it is true!
I was a basket case before surgery. I fially told myself the night before....Is panic doing me any good? This is going to happen whether I panic or not...so why panic? It did help some. It is natural to fear the unknown. My dr said that to him, it isn't unknown, to me it is....he sais...you will see, things will work out!
And they will! You jsut need support to get over the hump that you are going through!
And we are here! I will light a candle for you on your day...please remember that when you open your eyes from surgery, what you feel is the worst it is going to get! The pain is really not that bad for most of us. I rated mine as a six,a nd that was high comparred to what it really was! I was so afraid of feeling it, I let them give me meds before I had to feel it! It is so true. From then on, it jsut keeps getting better!
All this panic will go away adn you will feel like a new woman! And it is ok to ask for some meds to help you get thorugh this if you feel you need them!
Glad it is almost over for you. Here's a big huuuuuuuuugggggg coming your way!
Trust me...it isn't as bad as our minds make us think it is! Almost done Girl, cheer up, your days of pain are almost over! It is going to be so much easier than you think.
Cheering you on, holding your hands across the miles , and understanding and praying for yoU!
Love Peanut
Unread 10-05-2001, 06:30 AM
Can I panic yet?

I am scheduled for 10/23 TAH BSO with bowel and bladder surgery in addition. I decided to treat myself to a massage and facial on the Saturday before as a "I am special treat" and to help me relax. The big question now is whether I will be able to clear my mind for 3 horus!
Try to find something that is just for you - a nice candle light bath, a romantic dinner with your significant other, a lunch with the girls, or whatever is your cup of tea.
We are all stressing just before, but you are not alone.

My thoughts are with you.....
Unread 10-05-2001, 03:10 PM
Can I panic yet?

Great Suggestions!

I did not think I would panic! So not me!

Traci
Unread 10-05-2001, 03:15 PM
Can I panic yet?

Dear Lucky,
I think we all panic at one time or the other as s. Mine came when my DH tried to get me to rethink the decision to have surgery! I was so ready...but I had to go back through all the reasons for doing it then and taking time off work and on and on. I was a basket case when it looked like the decision might be UNmade for me! Otherwise, I wasn't too worried and it turned out to be okay.
I still can't believe I am never going to have one of those periods from you know where again...and I don't miss it a bit!!

Best of luck...hang around here a lot and that will help, too!
Unread 10-05-2001, 06:06 PM
Panic....me too...me too!!

I too am panicing at this time. I am due to have mine on Tuesday and have already had hot flashes and mood swings!!!

I sent hubby out hunting with his friends for a last chance to stretch his legs before H-Day here. Now I am starting to question that too! He even took the cell phone so I could reach him in a moment if i needed him. I am determined to let him have this last weekend away without buggin him.

I have gone thru a whole pint of Ben & Jerry's ice cream tonight thinking about everything. I went today for my Pre-Op and they put this little arm band on me. The nurse says it is for the blood they are setting aside for me in case of a transfusion is needed. I said I thought that was a Remote Possiblity!! She said yes, but they have to do it just in case. Oh, and dont take it off (the arm band) or I will have to wait while they match new blood again.

I was doing fine (I think) till that moment...now not so good. Has anyone else had this done or am I the first!?!

I have tonight gotten all the bills due paid and my bags packed! I have 2 new coughing pillows, cause I could not make my mind up between the two. My new jammies and undies are packed. And I have my icky bottle of Fleet's.

I have spent the good part of am evening up here looking for an answer to today's delima and not found anything. I know it is all just nerves, but I cant help it.

Oh well, thanks for letting me rant a bit!
Cynthia
Unread 10-05-2001, 06:23 PM
I too am freaking out!!!

Hi Ladies,
I can definately relate to you all. Im going in on the 10th, just 4 days away. I was doing OK until my Dr had to change the surgery from 930 am to 430 pm!!!! Such a drag!!!! I cried all day yesterday!!! I was all set to wake up wed. am, get dressed, drive there and get started! Now....I have to wait around my house all day, no eating, no drinking (I am a huge Water Drinker) and no smoking (unfortunately, Im a HUGE smoker too!). I am just so tired of having this whole thing consume EVERY MINUTE of my thoughts, ALL DAY & ALL NITE LONG! I just cant wait to be able to stop thinking about it, and start healing!!!! I know everyone does say the hardest is the waiting, and it sure is!!!! I know once I wake up and somewhat come to my senses, I will be jumping for joy or at least thinking I am in my mind! LOL!!!! Good luck to you girls too, going the day before me! Im sure we will all be back on the board about the same time! Thanks to you all for your hugs and support! It definately helps!!!!
Unread 10-05-2001, 06:26 PM
Can I panic yet?

Well, there you have it! I dont even know what day it is anymore. Just realized its 5 days away! Great, 1 more day of stress added!!! Ha! Ha! Take care!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register