"Post-Op 6 weeks, bleeding & back pain- Normal? Help" | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

"Post-Op 6 weeks, bleeding & back pain- Normal? Help" "Post-Op 6 weeks, bleeding & back pain- Normal? Help"

Unread 03-03-2010, 07:30 PM
"Post-Op 6 weeks, bleeding & back pain- Normal? Help"

Well, here I am going on 6 weeks since my surgery. I have a check up tomorrow with my . I have my good days and bad days, I have been having days of being in a fog and anxiety. I am still having discharge and sometimes blood with back pain. I don't know if this is normal. Today is a bad day, feeling like I am going to lose it emotionally.....don't know if this is normal, but i don't like it! Any suggestions or others who have had this feeling. Please make any suggestions...Thank you!

Tikars4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-03-2010, 07:49 PM
Re: "Post-Op 6 weeks, bleeding & back pain- Normal? Help"

Sorry you are going through this. I am quite a bit ahead of you, but do understand how you are feeling. I don't know if you kept your ovaries or not, but maybe something is out of whack. I would be honest w/ how you are feeling w/ your doc. I never understood all the emotional stuff I saw posted on here til I was about six wks or so. I do now though. I am going to the doc this fri for blood work. I am like you, I don't know if this is normal, but what ever it is, I so don' t like it, and want my life back. My think is lack of desire of anything and no energy, so not like me, I was always go go go. I also have days or times when I can't remember what I was going to say or doing, not bad, but sometimes I have to think about it. Maybe it's age, lol. Although, I have had many surgeries, and I really honestly think alot of all this stuff is from the anesthia, it is so hard on your body, and I think mind. I hope the best for you and hope things get better really soon. Many hugs
Unread 03-03-2010, 08:03 PM

I am 7 weeks post op and am frustrated as well. I do not have any bleeding, but the tannish discharge is back and my doctor told me it's my body's way of letting me know I'm overdoing it. I went back to work a week ago and am supposed to be working less hours, but that hasn't happened much. I hate to complain, but I am in pain so know how you feel. I'm looking forward to the day I feel "normal" again as I still feel like this was so worth it. I hope you feel better soon!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-04-2010, 12:07 AM

Thank you so much...my tannish discharge has never gone away and every now and then boom red discharge arrives. I don't feel like Im over doing things - so i have to wonder what could be up. I haven't been released for anything yet, even sex...and of course that's the first ? out of my hubby's mouth. Like you, i'm just looking forward to the day I feel "normal" again. I do know it was worth it, as the found Endometriosis, quite s few adhesions, and one other. I was greatful that no cancer cells were found. Best to all of you!
Unread 03-04-2010, 12:19 AM

I am in week 3-4 and I am feeling like that. Tonight I went into the E.R. for pain by my navel. Finds out I have a mild infection so Im not feeling the greatest. Along with that..severe lower back pain, pain in upper legs, and just the burning hot pain where the infection is..so dont feel bad I think were all expiercing something, it just suck when the symptoms dont happen right away and they come after a couple weeks. I wish you luck,sweetie
Unread 03-04-2010, 03:16 AM

Blood after 6 weeks doesn't sound right. But I am not a DR. Hope your Dr can help.

HUGS

God Bless

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register