I want a T-shirt that says.... - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I want a T-shirt that says.... I want a T-shirt that says....

Unread 03-04-2010, 05:20 PM
Re: I want a T-shirt that says....

I can definitely relate, I walk around my house and all my family that lives with me have to wait or push themselfs against the wall (we have a narrow hallway) and my 12 y/o son tells me once a day, your still walking like an "old lady" LOL! I geuss he's expecting to come home from school and have his "normal mom" back.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-04-2010, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzcat View Post

A few weeks ago all I wanted was one that stated "Congratulate Me, I Passed Gas!"
Ha ha, Dr OZ would be soooo proud of all of us!

I have been watching WAYYY too much tv this last week.

PS - my theory about passing gas during recovery - it uses a lot of stomach muscles for a really controlled release of gas while sitting down - I had that problem the other day, and standing up it was a lot easier! whoo hoo!!!
Unread 03-04-2010, 06:00 PM

I like...

Healing in progress, please allow me to recover completely

and it could have a turtle on it, walking really slow....but no bandages, or cane, just slowly walking along...

Remember this when we're back to full speed and mad that it's senior day at the store! Drives me nuts when people get all huffy at seniors because thye're walking slow, now I REALLY feel those seniors pain!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-04-2010, 06:01 PM
I want a T-shirt that says....

Hi ladies!
I've got another T-shirt for all of you!
"You dropped it....so pick it up yourself!!!"

I'm finding that i'm getting very good at picking things up with my toes!
Unread 03-04-2010, 06:47 PM

We could have one saying on the front, and the part about us walking slow on the back. It's hard being young and feeling like I'm walking turtle pace or slower.
Unread 03-04-2010, 07:01 PM

My thoughts exactly J4S. I get the strangest looks when i'm slowly creeping along!
The other day I was at an office supply store. I desperately needed ink for my printer and I knew that it was near the door so I thought "no problem". Inside the store I got some help picking my cartridge from a man who I would say was about 20ish. After I had what I needed I realized that I also needed photo paper. So I said to the man "can you please tell me where the photo paper is?" to which he replied "oh, its all the way on the other side of the store in isle 1". Suddenly I had tears in my eyes and without thinking out of my mouth, in a very pathetic voice I might add, came "but that's so far!". He looked at me like I was insane! And like I was the laziest adult in the world! He kind of said "uh hu" and then wandered off with a confussed look on his face! I came very close to calling him back and asking him to carry me!

Which brings me to my next shirt idea......."But that's so far!....please carry me!"

Hugs!
Unread 03-04-2010, 07:35 PM

LOL! I have asked for help in stores and gotten it. I just tell people I'm not allowed to lift and they're very helpful. I do get some strange looks once in a while, but I ignore them. I figure that some day they could be in the same position I'm in right now and then they'll know. I may go get that t-shirt made tomorrow. Just have to figure out which one. That and it depends on how far I want to walk! Some day we'll be walking fast again .
Unread 03-04-2010, 07:40 PM

I want to get a T-shirt made super badly! I just can't decide which one! Any advice?
Unread 03-04-2010, 07:48 PM

Maybe I should come up with some designs and put them on Etsy or something. There's so many good ideas on here. I had one thought at first, but then ended up with three. I kind of liked my second thought the best, but have figured out my third one would work for things other than just this surgery (my original post on this thread). Hmmm, what to do!

I think some of it depends on how far we are in our recovery, what message we want to convey, and possibly even what kind of surgery we had. The possibilities are endless.
Unread 03-04-2010, 07:52 PM

EEM,
Do you remember the commercial all those years ago about "I've fallen and I can't get up?" Maybe we need one that says "I have stitches you can't see so any help you give me is greatly appreciated. No strange looks necessary." "Had surgery, hurts to walk, please help me!"

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register