Da Vinchi and previous gallbladder surgery? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Da Vinchi and previous gallbladder surgery? Da Vinchi and previous gallbladder surgery?

Unread 03-05-2010, 01:57 PM
Da Vinchi and previous gallbladder surgery?

I am scheduled to have my hyst on Monday by the DaVinchi robot. My doctor mentioned that because I have have my gallbladder out laparoscopicly and already have had an incision in my belly button that the robot may not work and it may be too dangerout and will have to resort to going through my abdomen instead. Has anyone else had this happen??

I appreciate any info you may have...I am scared to death.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-05-2010, 08:52 PM
Re: Da Vinchi and previous gallbladder surgery?

spooked,

First of all, good luck Monday! Hope everything goes perfectly and you have a quick, uneventful recovery.

I had two Laparoscopic surgeries, Hyster first then an appendectomy ten months later. No one said anything about a problem going through my belly button twice. It looked to me that the second belly button incision was a little lower than the first. Another hyster incision was also used again. Maybe there is something unique about the DaVinci but I don't know. Usually the docs are concerned about adhesions with previous surgeries not incisions.

Unread 03-05-2010, 09:28 PM

spooked -

None of my incisions from the daVinci system were directly through my belly button. The closest was the camera incision and it was about an inch higher than my belly button.

It all depends on the length and width of your torso as to where the instruments are placed with the daVinci.

Maybe your surgeon may be thinking that there will be some adhesions or scar tissue that would be preventing them from making the laproscopic incision.

All people going in for laproscopic surgery sign a consent that it may turn into an abdominal surgery.

G.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-05-2010, 09:38 PM

i'm scheduled to have the da vinci on march 30 and just had a laproscopic surgery on february 3 which went in through my belly button. my dr hasn't said anything about their being an issue, so i hope for both our sakes it won't be.

good luck!
Unread 03-05-2010, 10:10 PM

I have had 4 laps through my belly button- 2 for endo- 1 for gall bladder and my most recent LSH.

So its possible... but I also didn't have the davinci.

Best of luck to you.
Unread 03-05-2010, 10:30 PM

Man, thanks everyone! I am so glad to hear that you all have had previous surgeries too. I pray that it all works out fine. Being on this site had been a HUGE help! Thank you for all the well wishes and I am praying to have a success post in just a few days thanks again y'all... So so much!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register