Doc apt & tests results... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Doc apt & tests results... Doc apt & tests results...

Unread 10-05-2001, 04:10 PM
Doc apt & tests results...

Thank ya'll again so very much...I so appreciate your support,prayers & thoughts!
My endometrian biopsy was ok, few abnormalties...the doc feels they're contirbuted from the tamoxifen. Enlarged uterus & thickened lining but ok. Thank God for that.Amen indeed!

Now the cyst w/ the solid mural mass is his worry & his main concentration & wants to get me in for a hysterectomy w/in 2 weeks. I went for a cbc, a liver test & a ca 125...also a chest xray.
Can anyone tell me exactly what they look for in the liver blood test & what exactly is a ca 125? I know the ca 125 is a tumor marker to check for something but what, enzymes or what?
What is dangerous or worrisome or normal, can anyone say?
Any & all comments again...are welcomed!
Thank you...[b][color=deeppink]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-05-2001, 07:40 PM

Hi Keri,

Great news that your biopsy and uterus tests were good.
I didnt' have the liver test but I had a CT scan and a chest xray as well.
The CA125 was not used as a marker for me, as my blood is checked for the beta and LDH markers. There are several ladies here that do have that marker checked and I am sure they will be able to give you some info on that.
I am not familiar with a cbc test. What does that involve Keri?
Be sure to let us know when you get your surgery date!
It sounds like you have a very thorough doctor there who is going to take very good care of you!! And we will be here for you every step of the way!
You take care,
Hugs,
Maria
Unread 10-05-2001, 08:51 PM
Marie...

Thanks for your support! I believe a cbc is a full blood work up,unsure of the correct med terms.
I'm not sure of what they look for in the blood test for the liver either nor am I exactly sure of what the ca 125, other than tumer marker. I should have these results by Wednesday & hopefully my surgeon in Houston will be able to give me his opinions on whether to stay here w/ current gyn or refer me to one of his colleagues in Houston. I feel safer w/ the Houston docs, just my thoughts. I have a swollen lymph node under my jaw, my PA said it was nothing.
Thank you again for your time & thoughts....I welcome them!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-06-2001, 06:07 AM

CBC Complete Blood Count

The CBC is one of the most routinely performed laboratory tests. It is a valuable screening tool for a wide variety of disorders, including:

anemia,
infection,
blood diseases,
excessive menstrual bleeding,
internal bleeding, and
problems with blood clotting.

The count the white blood cells, hemoglobin etc
Unread 10-06-2001, 07:54 PM

Hi Keri,

I'm so glad your biopsy came back okay. I bet that part is a load off your mind.

The CA125 test measures a particular protein in the blood that can elevate with some ovarian cancer (although not all). Why its considered a marker test instead of a diagnostic test is that other conditions can also raise this protein causing what they consider false positives.

The liver portion of the CBC is to check liver function to make sure its performing properly.

Hope this helps and please keep us posted on how things are going when you can. Sending many more prayers of good results your way.

{{hugs}}

Vicki
Unread 10-08-2001, 07:02 AM

Please keep us posted on the date of your surgery. We are all here for you!
Unread 10-10-2001, 09:16 AM
Update & my blessings to ya'll...

May God continue His blessings & mercy on all.....
Thank you for your support!

I got back late...almost 11pm from Houston. Everthing is actually better..... my blood work came back normal!
Meaning even my tumor markers are normal & my liver is functioning normal. Good news!
The gyn in Houston will remove the ovary...laproscopy (vaginal) freeze & get it tested (taking a few minutes) &
will continue w/ the hysterectomy....leaving my right ovary.

If the ovary comes back w/cancer.....then they will open my abdominal....finish the hysterectomy & taking the
right ovary & will also biopsy other organs for assurance-etc.

If this is cancer & it's classified as 1 a or below, again no chemo or rads. But if it's above a 1 a
classification, additional treatment will be needed...chemo &/or rads.

This is how I understand what will happen.
I am scheduled for surgery 10/19/01 in Houston at Houston North West off 1960, My doc is John Williams.
The gyn in Lufkin wanted to go total hysterectomy via abdominal, it seems the route the doc in Houston will go,
may give me a shorter recovery period & w/ the possibilty of leaving one ovary for the sake of hormones-etc.
Laproscopy surgery will allow 2-3 days in hospital where the abdominal 5-6 days in hospital.
I hope I'm not confusing w/ my explanations...
Please keep me in your prayers....
Thank you!
God Bless
Love;
Unread 10-10-2001, 04:04 PM

Hi Keri,
So glad your test results were good!! Thats wonderful news.
You certainly received alot of information with this visit, and thats great. You can never have too much info when it comes to surgery.

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers that your surgery goes well and everything comes back clear!!

Oh, and don't forget to put your surgery date in your profile, as well wishes and prayers are posted for all the ladies a day or two before.

Keep us posted, and if you think of anymore questions between now and the 19th, ask away!!
Hugs,
Maria
PS: Keri, I just saw your name on the birthday list. Hope you had a great day!!!
Unread 10-10-2001, 04:29 PM
Thank you...

I don't know what else to ask...other than these tests that are coming back normal, isn't this a good sign? ca 125 normal, liver function normal, chest xray normal, external ultrasound normal,
Could the cyst be blood filled & that's why it looks solid? The gyn in Houston felt it again yesterday & no change...it hasn't enlarged.
What normally has a solid mural mass, the report said possible neoplasm...maybe because of my history?
If I'd had chemo w/ the BC...would this appeared? What are the chances of cancer?
Thank you for your prayers & support....
Unread 10-11-2001, 09:15 AM

This is wonderful that your test results came back so good!! I am also glad that surgery will be soon. I think we worry so much when we have to wait a long time for surgery. Please keep us updated on how you are doing! Make sure you post your surgery date in the calendar and in your profile! We'll all get working on sizing your crown for you!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register