Endo in upper abdomen? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Endometriosis Support

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Endo in upper abdomen? Endo in upper abdomen?

Unread 03-15-2010, 07:48 PM
Endo in upper abdomen?

I had my TAH last May(2009) and then in November I began throwing up a lot after I ate. I did have endo removed before so I could get pregnant with our 3rd daughter in 2003, I have had several ab surgeries for liver tumor, spinal fusion, etc. I have horrible pain below but inbetween my breasts. I would love to pick your brain. I've been through the whole upper gi, endoscopy, us, xray, bloodwork, etc. All neg. I'm going crazy & I'm tired of vommiting. I had endo & aden all over with my TAH, does anyone think it could have spread to my upper abdomen? I'm losing my mind.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-16-2010, 07:43 PM
Re: Endo in upper abdomen?

I am sorry you are having problems with your tummy. I would keep seeking answers from the doctors to see what is causing you to vomit.

Do the doctors think it is endo?

Unread 03-16-2010, 09:11 PM

It is possible to have endo in places other than your pelvic area. I had my gall bladder removed 12 years ago and I was told by the surgeon that I had endo on my gall bladder. Turned out I did not have gall stones but my gall bladder was diseased and the endo definately did not help. I had almost constant nausea and vomitting until I had my gall bladder removed and then after the surgery I felt a thousand times better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-17-2010, 12:20 PM

I have been told that endo can spread, even after a hysterectomy if you had endo to begin with. My doctor told me the only time it won't spread is if it is ONLY on your reproductive organs and they get those out before it spreads. There is alot of info out there about endo, and I know Wieser has given me alot of info that I did not know before. I do have a friend who was throwing up all the time and it did turn out to be her gall bladder. Have you had any tests on your gall bladder? If they ruled that out, maybe demand a laparoscopy to see if endo has spread to your upper abdomen... the only way to know for sure is by laparoscopy. Maybe if it has, the surgeon can remove it... it could be causing problems. I am not a doctor... I just feel so bad for you and am trying to think of things that maybe you have not done yet. Sounds like you have been put through the wringer. So sorry!!!!
Unread 04-28-2010, 03:12 AM

Thank gawd l found this post!! Been searching forever l too have horrible pains in that area thye have been going on a long time started before period then have become more often ... had hyster 4 weeks ago where it was discovered l was covered in endometriosis!! Im due to see gyny today and was goign to mention the pain as l havnt before but had lot of honkerblonk taking out of me with regards to pain by gps who blamed fibro for it and my thyroid probs long story but all the while its been gyny stuff was wondering if you know anymore about it yet? Would be really interested x
Unread 05-02-2010, 11:52 PM

I had endo/adhesions attack my gall bladder. I was vomitting so much. My dr finally did a test to check my gall bladder function - came back at almost zero. Surgeon went in to remove and found the "most severe adhesions he'd seen in years" he said the adhesions caused the permanent damage. I didn't get diagnosed with endo until 7 months later. Ob/gym pulled my surgery report and said sounded like endo was to blame.
Unread 05-03-2010, 02:25 AM

Hi girls x thanks x l seen my gyny and was told he had reoved it all!! l kept saying top of my stomach and was told l removed it all! Hmmm well will see what happens l have had pains up there since the op! Im not vomiting like you girls l get nausea but not vomiting BUT a few times lve went to hsopital in pain lve been asked off 2 nurses if l have gall bladder disease???????????????????? The times l went l was giving muscles relaxants and pain killers for what the said is maybe the fibro nobody looked at the gall bladder so l guess the problem remains! Good luck girls x

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register