Told today im having my Hys on Monday! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Told today im having my Hys on Monday! Told today im having my Hys on Monday!

Unread 03-16-2010, 02:27 PM
Told today im having my Hys on Monday!

Hi
I haven't posted much on here but I have been lurking on the boards. I am having a LVAH and retaining my ovaries.
I have chosen to have the op to improve the quality of my life because my periods have gotten unbearable.
Im 32 so this was a big decision for me and I had received a letter sent by my consultant to my GP confirming I was going to have my operation. This was sent in the beginning of Feb but hadn't heard anything so I call the admissions department this afternoon from work.
I had this poor flustered girl tell me that they had me penceled in for March 22nd - MONDAY and I should be getting a letter confirming it. My consultant was co-incidentally due to look at my notes in the afternoon and would then be confirming it.
I did go into a bit of shock because of the very short notice and because I work and have to okay it with them. It has now been confirmed and Im having my pre-op consult Friday lunchtime and am being admitted 7.30am on Monday.
work have been okay but my partner can only get the Monday off and i will be on my own the rest of the time because no other time off at such notice is available.
Im trying to be positive and it is a positive choice for me but I no I am going to be going stir crazy without any company when on the ward. Im also a little nervous.
Kitty
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-16-2010, 02:55 PM
Re: Told today im having my Hys on Monday!

Wow, Kitty, that is so exciting! It's crazy short notice though, holy....good thing you phoned when you did or you would have had even less notice!

I'm glad that at least your partner can get Monday off - are you able to go home that same day? If so then at least your partner can get you home and settled. Are they able to check in on you during the day your first few days home?

Wishing you the best in your final few days before life gets better again! Good for you doing your best to keep a positive frame of mind - keep at it!
Unread 03-16-2010, 03:26 PM

Wow that is short notice... I am having mine next week too... but I have known for a while..

Take care... and

Nelly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-16-2010, 03:49 PM

im going to be in hospital for 5-7 days but don't know a much more at the moment. hopefully i will know more on Friday.
I haven't even met my consultant yet just the registrar. Im a little freaked out but happy about it. Im having to ring round everybody in a rush and my other half isn't reacting that well. worried about me and not wanting to really talk about it.
I wish I was seeing the consultant before friday as Im not going to have much time to take everything in.
thanks for your replies!
Unread 03-16-2010, 03:51 PM

other than the day of the operation Im only allowed two visiters for one hour a day because of restricted access to the ward. i have just found that out looking on their website which is really uchhhh.
Unread 03-16-2010, 05:51 PM

That short notice? It's a BLESSING! You have to spend weeks of time freaking out over the surgery because anyone will tell you that the waiting is the worst part.
Luckily you have enough time to get your house in order and squared away for your recovery!
Wishing you luck!
Unread 03-16-2010, 06:40 PM

I agree..i think the short notice might be better. Mine is a month out and i am freaking out! Why are they keeping you 5-7 days??

Good luck on your surgery!!
Unread 03-16-2010, 07:05 PM

That's a really good point on the short notice being a blessing....I'm sitting here eight weeks out, thinking "hmmmmm, eight more weeks... (fingernails tapping on table)". Llife is busy, but it's still hard not to get caught up in obsessive thought patterns and I'm thinking that's only gonna get worse! So I hope these posts help you feel a little better as you are racing around getting ready!

It would be nice if there was some middle ground but I guess we can't have it all!

That really sucks about the short visit times Rainbowskyes, but maybe you will be out sooner than they think (it does seem longer than in N. America)? Here's hoping, and best of luck to you! Let us know how it goes!
Unread 03-16-2010, 07:28 PM

Yeah, 5-7 days seems a bit odd...??
Unread 03-16-2010, 07:49 PM

Best wishes for your surgery. I had a similar situation,my surgery was scheduled a few weeks out and they called and gave me a 4 day notice. I am so grateful that it was moved up. Again, best wishes.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register