Uterine Cancer: Facing possible recurrence | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Facing possible recurrence Facing possible recurrence

Unread 03-17-2010, 06:03 AM
Facing possible recurrence

This past Monday I saw my pulmonary doc for my regular check-up and was told that a recent x-ray shows a "shadow" on my right lung and they "can not rule out nodule". On top of that, the breathing test shows that my breathing/lung capacity went from 90 down to 78. There is also a node that they've been watching for the past 2 1/2 years. I thought the node and nodule were the same thing, but doc explained that they are 2 separate things. The node that we've been watching is part of my lymph node system, but the "possible nodule" is inside my lung.

I've been doing my best to not think about it much and I've stayed busy and have been doing good "not wasting a good panic", but I leave in about 1/2 hour to go get a CT scan and the nerves are really kicking in.

My doc is very concerned because of 1) my late-stage cancer, 2) that it was in the lymph node, 3) that I have a node near my lung that's larger than it should be, 4) that my breathing/lung capacity has decreased so much, and 5) that the lung is one of the several places recurrence shows up.

I know it could be something simple like a hiccup on the xray or an infection, but, the brain just takes the words possible recurrence and runs amok and I'm a wreck.

And then I get to play the waiting game, UGH!!

I'll keep you all posted.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-17-2010, 06:39 AM
Re: Facing possible recurrence

Oh shucks.....I am sorry to read this this morning!! However, a lung nodule can be anything........keep the faith sister!!
I will pray for good results for you...
Unread 03-17-2010, 07:16 AM

I am sending you a huge ((((((HUG)))))) and saying prayers that this is a hic cup on the xray. And praying that you have the strength and courage to get thru the CT today.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-17-2010, 07:24 AM

I'm hoping it turns out OK. But do know that if not, there are still treatments, and hope. But one thing at a time, try to hold off on the conclusions until you get the results. Let us know how it comes out. I have endoCa diagnosis so I understand the fear but as long as there is another possible explanation, stick with that until proven otherwise. Good luck.
Unread 03-17-2010, 08:00 AM

I'm so sorry you're having to worry about this. As you know, an infection/scarring from an infection can show up on an x-ray. I'm keeping you in my prayers that this is nothing to be concerned about.
Unread 03-17-2010, 10:12 AM

Hi Viking Princess
I certainly wish you the best, I have had "nodules" on my ct scans and
they have not really said they were anything, I hope that yours turn out to be nothing ......
My thoughts are with you today
Janet
Unread 03-17-2010, 11:00 AM

Sending hugs & prayers for it just to be a minor issue.
Unread 03-17-2010, 11:14 AM

I am wishing you the very best and that your CT will rule out anything to worry about. Many times lung nodules turn out to be nothing to worry about and I will be hoping that is the case for you as well.
Unread 03-17-2010, 11:34 AM

Oh, I am so hoping for the best. I have two "nodules" in my lungs that they watch through scans. And I certainly know that feeling of deep anxiety and brain running amok. Thinking about you, sending best thoughts your way!
Unread 03-17-2010, 01:11 PM

I just got on my computer and read your post. I will say a prayer that this is just a "nothing" to worry about thing. I to certainly understand your anxiety and fear. Let us know and I'm sending you a HUG and a Good Luck wish!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register