Need some help! Games ideas! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysteritaville - Wellness Post Hysterectomy > HysterSisters Club House > Time for Curves

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Need some help! Games ideas! Need some help! Games ideas!

Unread 03-25-2010, 12:51 PM
Need some help! Games ideas!

As a former member now a circuit coach for Curves! I really need some ideas for games for our grand opening. Drawings, prizes, fun stuff! Love my hystersisters! Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-16-2010, 09:10 AM
Re: Need some help! Games ideas!

Ours plays trivia while we work out. We've also done bingo, where you get extra balls for things like working out 3 times, wearing a Curves logo item, bringing in a friend, and there was a bonus number each day. We'd each put our own numbers on our bingo sheets, so they were all different. The gals really seemed to like bingo.
Good luck!
Unread 07-20-2010, 06:04 PM

At the Curves I attended before my surgery, they did a weeklong event filled with contests. One of the contests was.. who could do the most reps on each machine.

You could do it for the day and whoever did the most reps for that machine that day would win a prize (it was usually Curves Bucks or a t-shirt for the top winner).

Hope this helps
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-28-2010, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmaleeann View Post
As a former member now a circuit coach for Curves! I really need some ideas for games for our grand opening. Drawings, prizes, fun stuff! Love my hystersisters! Thanks
Emmaleeann,

I managed a Curves, and we did daily Triva and Brain teasers. We also did Unscrabble words, which partained to the weekly health theme we did!

There use to be a program that put out a monthly calendar of things to do. I can't remember what it was called, but it was awesome! Unfortunetly, they went out of business a few years ago! I had some of the sheets, but I'll have to see if I can dig them out!

Another thing is a monthly calendar, which you can post in the club, with all the things going on that month!

March was the Food Drive
April was in Prep for DaVinci Women's Health Iniciative (THAT was a precursor to my hyster! LOL!)
May was Women's Health Week. I brought in different professionals, each day, to speak about women's health issues! That was the first time I heard about Da Vinci!! I left after that week...not knowing that I would be having a hyster 2 months later!
You can do things for Back to School
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month...
November is Food Drive
December....Holiday time

I know that the CI Website puts out a monthly calendar that helps with planning!

As for games, when I was managing, we did things like bowling, suction cup bow & arrow shooting....then I got creative, and had a month of "Collecting Milk Caps"...it was the "Got Milk?" promotion a few years ago!

During one summer, I did a "Picnic toss". I went to the Dollar Store, and bought plastic foods, a toy place setting (fork, spoon, plate, napkin...etc), and a picnic basket.

They would stand on the recovery board, and try to toss the food into the basket! They got more points for the "good food", and less points for the "bad foods"!

Get creative! Ask your ladies what they would like to see!
This is a good part of Curves that I LOVE! It let me use my creativity!

Good luck, and let me know how it goes!

Happy Healing, Sisters!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register