New parts are scary...anybody else? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

New parts are scary...anybody else? New parts are scary...anybody else?

Unread 04-02-2010, 09:52 AM
New parts are scary...anybody else?

OK...so i went for my 3 week post op yesterday (TVH/bladdersling/TVTO/ A&P repairs)...dr said everything healing nicely! YAY for that. She wants me to start putting Estrace cream in everynight to help with the healing. So last night i tried and...boy are things different down there! Sorry if this is tmi but i'm hoping someone else has noticed this too! It was very tight/swollen at the opening...and i could feel all the stitches...it wasn't easy to get applicator in and i didn't proceed far at all...very scary...Has anyone else had to do this after A&P repairs? My new parts are scary...i don't mind a little "snugging up" but I hope things "relax" in the next few weeks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-02-2010, 12:18 PM
Re: New parts are scary...anybody else?

I am very anxious about how the new AND IMPROVED parts will be. Haven't had the nerve to investigate. First post-op will be next Tuesday. I guess I am even more concerned about the pathology report findings. BUT if that goes as well at everything else has gone....all will be well.
LAVH/BSO/Ant. Repair/TVT 3/22
Unread 04-02-2010, 04:35 PM

I do not have to do that for my hyster and repairs! I have been wondering about the new and improved. I am still concerned about how difficult bowel movements are.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-02-2010, 05:18 PM

I haven't had any problem w/ BMs or gas. I had had to start meds for high blood pressure months ago in order to even have the surgery. I feel that those affected my very regular system....NEVER EVER been constipated in my life. Do use Benefiber in my cranberry juice each morning.
I also wonder how the incision is healing in the vagina where the bladder was repositioned. I have attempted to watch the videos of surgery but there are so many approaches to the access, so many different "styles" of sling, so many variables. I hear so much about the cervical cuff and ensuing problems. My gyno/surgeon said my vagina would be shorter but she wasn't going to use the mesh there. I am VERY fearful of the mesh used for sling. I still have some stiches very very low...wondering if that where the labia was "tacked" up or where the sling was attached. I am worried about the stability and adipose tissue in that area. BUT I have no pain/no problems/no insomnia/no complaints but I AM TAKING IT VERY VERY EASY!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register