Well..this is a strange feeling (pregnancy mentioned) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Well..this is a strange feeling (pregnancy mentioned) Well..this is a strange feeling (pregnancy mentioned)

Unread 04-07-2010, 06:47 PM
Well..this is a strange feeling (pregnancy mentioned)

If i didn't know any better, i swear at time i think i can feel a baby moving around in me. I know there is NOT, but this weird feeling i get every now and then really FREAKS me out!!!

Some info..i have adenomyosis. So i am wondering if anyone else experiences this and has adenmyosis too.

It only happens before my cycle. I get a weird feeling in my tummy, like i said, like there is "something moving" in there. Now i am wondering if this is from having a "swollen uterus" and i can actually feel the food moving through me.
Sometimes i can see my stomach move. GRANTED if i could feel a baby move, that would make me MONTHS pregnant, which is impossible, since i think i have had about 10 pregnancy tests since Aug (every time the doctors test for pregancy)

Months ago, i would get a "sharp stab pain" that was real quick. At first it was on the right side of my belly button, just below it. BUT now i get the same "sharp stab pain" on the right side just above my belly button. Could this be my uterus swelling?? Endo??
It isn't a sharp stab pain that brings me to my knees, almost like a sharp stab/pinch from inside feeling..

any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-07-2010, 09:53 PM
Re: Well..this is a strange feeling (pregnancy mentioned)

I too had adenomyosis along with various other things that I didn't know about until after my hyst. The last 2 months I felt like I was pregnant. My pants wouldn't fit. I could feel my uterus in my stomach if I leaned up against the counter or something. I'd get pains in my right side from my belly button over. My very enlarged uterus was leaning on that side.

Good luck !
Unread 04-07-2010, 10:01 PM

Yes this is a strange thing. Although I can attest to the fact I have felt the same thing. I dont know if you have ever been pregnant before or not but I have. And it did/does feel like some fluttering/moving going on in there. Although I have no answer to that I also had endometriosis and adenomyosis. I had a total lap hyst with both ovaries intact. I have felt this since my surgery so I am not sure if it will ever stop. And If I have felt it post op it makes me wonder even more what the reason could be. Apparently its not the uterus cuz I dont have it anymore. MMhh maybe someone else will have a better answer than me.
Good Luck to you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-08-2010, 06:22 AM

Thank you nervous and anxious! I thought i was going to have to go buy a pregnancy test! LOL
I have been pregnant 3 times before, and it is almost exactly the same thing. So you had your uterus removed but still have the same feeling?
Well at least after the surgery i won't worry that i am pregnant! LOL

Reece38~yep, i went up jean sizes. Which looks totally silly on me. I normally wear a 4/5 and i have to wear a 7/8, which fits my belly, but the butt and hips are baggy!

I call it, "does my uterus look fat in these jeans?" hehe
Unread 04-08-2010, 08:27 AM

"Does my uterus look fat in these jeans?" HAHAHAHA! AWESOME!

Along with the myriad of other uterus issues I also have adenomyosis. And I swear I'm getting bigger by the day! I've taken to wearing maxi dresses with empire waists because i can't fit into my clothes and I refuse to buy bigger! I seriously look about 5-6 months pregnant at this point!

Here's what I've noticed... I too feel things moving. I have an extraordinary amount of gas! I've had three kiddos and it feels VERY similar!! My ginormous uterus is pressing on my bowels so I'm not as regular as I'd like which I assume is the reason for the gas. I sometimes have so much movement I've actually checked my breasts to see if I'm lactating.

Are you constipated and bloated (other than the adenmyosis)? Try taking something for gas and bloating, see if that helps.
Unread 04-08-2010, 08:50 AM

Hi Daisyforest,

I have adenomyosis too, and I think I've felt the sensations you're describing. After I had my MRI done, I was given a CD of the films. I looked through them (curious person that I am). Once I got to the side view of my body, it became rather obvious to me why I could feel so much! My retroverted/bent, swollen uterus was pressing against my spine and still managing to protrude forward...making me wonder how there's room for anything else!! To me, the compression would explain the increased sensation. ** My hostile uterus has taken over!!! ** I have a hard time with BMs and other "normal" human funtions. Hopefully not for much longer! Sorry, TMI...

I also have the "stabby pains" that come on at random times. They can cause quite a lot of embarrassment too because they usually catch me off-guard and I let out a little yelp. I get them on both sides, as you've described, but also in my groin and down my legs, sometimes in my hips...I think my husband is right stressed...and the looks I get in the grocery store! If I accidentally lean into a counter or anything it HURTS!! I hope that will go away too!

Another curious thing (don't know if anyone else out there has experienced this...?) was that during my first and only pregnancy, I swear I felt nearly EVERY move the baby made from very early on. None of my peers seemed to feel nearly as much sensation. I don't know if this was due to the adeno or maybe because of the varices and increased bloodflow/sensation. Maybe I'm just hypersensitive "down there".

Your little joke made me laugh! I needed that this morning, THANK YOU!!
Take care...
Unread 04-08-2010, 09:44 AM

Hi there ladies,

I have to say I know exactly how each and every one of you feel. All the way from the "does my uterus look fat in these jeans " LMAO to not wearing regular clothes to letting out a yelp in pain caught off guard.
Unfortunately I was not so lucky as to see my pictures or what my inside looked like prior to my surgery. That sure would have been interesting.
All I know is that I had endometriosis surgery last february and saw a video of myself just days after and I looked like 6-7 months preggo. OMG no wonder all my clothes were tight I had no idea I was soooo swollen. After the fact people finally owned up to how big I had gotten.
Anyways that surgery took the pain and swelling for just a few months. Only for the pain and swelling to return by 6 months. One of the last few shifts prior to my hysterectomy I had to call out of work because I could not get my pants on. Ugh talk about aggrevated.
I am only 2 weeks post op, uterus and cervix removed both ovaries intact. I am still going through the post op pains and such. It will be a long recovery still for me. I am still having the stabbing pains that make me yelp, the bowel movements that are painful. But it is slowly getting better each day. I see the end of the tunnel and am looking forward to no more periods, no more pads and no more tampons.
Just keep your eyes on the prize ladies.
Let me know if there is anything else I can do.
Lots of love to my future princesses!
Unread 04-08-2010, 05:20 PM

Glad to know i am not the only one experiencing this..cuz i was freaking out!!

CheekyPeaches~yes i do seem to have a lot of gas. My surgery is just days away and i know i will need GAS X then! I don't have normal bowel movements. I am lucky to go every 3 days!

nervous and anxious~i am wondering what it will feel like on the other side. We have girls at work that are pregnant, and i swear i am as big as them. AND i am a "small frame" gal...barely any body fat, but yet i have this big belly! AGH!

B+~i wasn't dx with the adenmyosis till about 6 months ago. (i think my previous doc couldn't find a uterus if one smack her in the face). But yes, i did feel movement "earlier" than what most people do. I do too get the stab feeling in my hips and in my rectum (that is a lovely feeling).

Well girls, i hope all of our "issues" clear up once we are on the other side! Kinda looking forward to see what changes happen. Granted i know it will be a long road to get there...but it is worth it.
Unread 04-08-2010, 05:46 PM

I also have andeomosis. And what is weird I told my husband just last night that I swear it feels like a baby is moving around inside of me. I have had three and it feels the same way. My uterus is tilted to the left and I have back and hip pain that runs down the back of my left leg. I also get sudden sharp pains that I know is gas but I never thought of the flutters as gas, though. I will be trying some gasX tonight, so thank you for the original post and responces.
Unread 04-08-2010, 09:12 PM

Oh, Daisyforest...

I love that you have a sense of humor! Sometimes it's the best weapon against adversity.

For a moment I forgot about the stabby rectal pain...don't ask me how that's possible!!

Mucnh78 - I'm so glad you mentioned the pain down your leg! Since I quit the continuous pill that I've been on since last summer I've noticed those lovely sensations coming back with a vengeance. I have to admit, I wondered if there was anyone else that has felt that too.

Wishing you all peace and positivity...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register