Just when I think its gonna get better... BAM!!! Something else happens! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Just when I think its gonna get better... BAM!!! Something else happens! Just when I think its gonna get better... BAM!!! Something else happens!

Unread 04-07-2010, 09:49 PM
Just when I think its gonna get better... BAM!!! Something else happens!

I haven't been around much since I returned back to work on March 8th, simply because I have had a horrible time getting readjusted to life. I had a LAVH on the 25th of January and had some complications, but nothing life threatening. At the end of February I developed a UTI which was a bit uncomfortable and I assumed that was just normal due to everything that I had been through. Well March 5th Dr. checked me and decided that my vaginal cuff had not healed the way he wanted it to, but felt that the delay in healing had possibly been from me having an allergic reaction to pain meds and having to take steroids. At this time he applied silver nitrate and told me to come back on March 26th. Well March 26th at 9 a.m. I received a phone call from his office advising me he was not going to be able to see me on this day and the next appt they had available was today (April 7th). So I tell them that I am still having some discomfort and they noted such in my file.

Previously back in February I asked if I could have anything to help with the pain from the UTI, and was told they didnt want to give me anything for pain since I was "this far out" from the surgery. Mind you they took ALL my pain meds away 5 days after my surgery because I had an allergic reaction to the morphine. Anyways whatever, I'll keep popping the ibuprofen and getting through it.

Well this past weekend I began to really hurt alot in my back and started having a hard time even being able to get my urine going. Then after I would finally go, I would hurt. The pain was causing me to be naseauted (sp??) so on Thursday of this past week I was still experincing a good bit of pain. I got the approval from my supervisior to come in late, in hopes that I would feel better if I slept and hour more. Got up and got ready and out the door. Still was feeling crappy but wasnt near as bad as I had been. I made it about 20 minutes from my house (my office is about 45 minutes from my house), until I started hurting so bad I had to pull off of the road.

I thought I would just sit there and the pain in the lower right side of my abdomend that was now going all the way to my lower back would subside enough for me to get to work and get some advil, then I would be okay. Well long story short, I didnt make it to work, instead pulled in to the hospital that was about 10 miles up the road.

By the time I was able to get inside of the hospital I was crying hysterically. I have never ever ever hurt like this. Not after any of my surgeries or births. Just never imagined this kind of pain before. So they finally took me back and decided that I had a UTI. They gave me cipro in an i.v. bag, dulaid (sp?) for pain, and phenegrin (sp?) for the naseau.

I went to my gyn today for my follow up which was scheduled before my trip to the hospital. He tells me that I do have a UTI, but he is also concerend that my fallopian tube is sticking out of the vaginal cuff, which could be contributing to the pain. So now I am scheduled for an abdomnial/pelvic ct scan with contrast, but not until Wednesday. He pretty much told me that there isnt alot he can do to help me have any relief until they can confirm that this is actually what it is. And if it is then he will have to do another surgery to repair.

I cried all the way home and have continued to do so most of the night. I just want to be better. I'm so worried abotu how work will react if I have to take time off again after just coming back.

I'm so sorry that I havent checked in the way that I should have been. I just honestly have had such a hard time getting back in the swing of things. I stay exhausted.

I do appreciate each of you though, and I know I could not have gotten this far without the love and encouragement I have found here. You ladies are a Godsend that is FOR SURE!!!!!

I will be better about checking in. I hope everyone is having an uncomplicated recovery.

love, hugs, and pixie dust to all.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-07-2010, 10:08 PM
Re: Just when I think its gonna get better... BAM!!! Something else happens!

Heavens you have been having a hard time! I'm sorry this is going on and hope you don't need another surgery. If you haven't already you might want to look into FMLA. If you need surgery time, they need to understand that. But hope the CT shows an "easier" problem with an easier fix for you. Good luck on this.
Unread 04-08-2010, 03:42 AM

Sorry to hear that you are having such a hard time of it - hope you get an easy answer when you have the CT scan. Remember your health is your wealth and your job should understand your situation and if you need to take time off then they should be sympathetic to you. Best of Luck!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-08-2010, 07:43 AM

So sorry you are having such difficulties. Take a deep breath and remember that sometimes you need to put your heath first and work will have to understand! Hugs to you, hope you get encouraging news fom your ultrasound!
Unread 04-08-2010, 05:23 PM

Thank you wonderful ladies. I can always count on someone here to offer encouraging words. They called today and were able to move my CT appt to tomorrow, so at least I will not be waiting until Wednesday for the appointment. I have to be at the imaging center at 0830 tomorrow morning. I have to drink a bottle of Barium sulfate (???) tonight at 10 and then the other bottle 1 hour before my arrival at the center.

This whole day has been a nightmare, as the gyn's nurse faxed the "order" but then threw the original away. I went to the office to pick up the "order" because the imaging center had to have the original in the morning and I ended up waiting over an hour for them to re-generate a new "original" because apparently after the order was faxed it was discarded or lost. The nurse got really honkerblonky with me and kept insisting that I just come back tomorrow. I had to leave my job to go get the order from their office. My job is over 1/2 an hour away from their office and I have to be at the imaging center at 830 tomorrow morning, and it is at least 30 minutes away from their office. They just could not seem to grasp that I couldnt come back in the morning.

I'm looking forward to just getting this over and done with so they can figure out a way to give me some relief.

Again, thank you wonderful ladies for all of your support!!!
Unread 04-08-2010, 05:34 PM

Oh goodness you have been through a lot. Good luck with your CT tomorrow. Hopefully you will not need another surgery. I hope all is well with you job. I know how you feel. In one year I was out on maternity leave, a gallbladder operation and now a hysterectomy. Good luck! Let us know how you make out.
Unread 04-08-2010, 09:08 PM

Good luck and I hope this works out for your best health. I know how frustrating complications can be. Keep us posted.
Unread 04-08-2010, 09:54 PM

YOu have been through so much I am so sorry hang in there good luck tomorrow and keep us posted. We are all here for you

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register