Is it realistic to think my abdomen will go down...even a little? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Is it realistic to think my abdomen will go down...even a little? Is it realistic to think my abdomen will go down...even a little?

Unread 04-13-2010, 11:50 AM
Is it realistic to think my abdomen will go down...even a little?

Right now, due to fibroids, my uterus is the size of 4 month pregnancy. Is it realistic of me to think my abdomen will be at least a little less full looking after my LAVH?

I don't mean to ask if I will lose weight (That was a fun thread to read!!), it is not an issue as I am 5' 11" and weight 140 lbs. I just don't want to look like I might be pregnant!

Thank you!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-13-2010, 12:34 PM
Re: Is it realistic to think my abdomen will go down...even a little?

Yeah I know what you mean as I too have a pregnant-looking belly that I am soooo sick of. I sure as heck hope that our bellys will flatten out somewhat after surgery and recovery and for me, I sure as heck hope I will lose some weight as well.
Unread 04-13-2010, 12:42 PM

Of course I can only speak for myself but mine went down and is soft. The Dr. took 15-20 fibroids of grape to apple size out, my enlarged uterus (5-6 mo.) out, and my ovaries. My regular pants are looser even with the swelling. I didn't realize it was like I was permanently pregnant. I had lost some weight since last summer but didn't realize I wasn't going to get any smaller in the lower abdomen without the operation.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-13-2010, 12:45 PM

Thank goodness. I have something positive to look forward to.
Unread 04-13-2010, 12:46 PM

hope2010 - (I love that title!!!!) So far it seems we will have to wait and see! Do you have a surgery date yet? Let's hope we both have GREAT notes to compare!!
Unread 04-13-2010, 12:48 PM

little sweetie - THAT is very inspiring! I have 10 - 12 fibroids, but the largest is "only" 6 cm. May I ask why your ovaries were removed? My surgeon mentioned at least a USO with possible BSO. I don't know what to do.
Unread 04-13-2010, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HShere View Post
hope2010 - (I love that title!!!!) So far it seems we will have to wait and see! Do you have a surgery date yet? Let's hope we both have GREAT notes to compare!!
I had an original surgery date of March 31 but had to be cancelled...no new date rescheduled yet. Yes, here's hoping that we both have flatter tummies!! I have had this fat tummy for soo long that I don't know what its like to have a smaller tummy. I can't fit any of my clothes right now and so I am looking forward to being able to fit them again.
Unread 04-13-2010, 12:56 PM

It seems too good to be true!
Wouldn't it be great to stop looking (and feeling) pregnant all of the time?
I've also been wondering if it helps to have firm muscles before the op in order to speed recovery? or does it make it harder?
Unread 04-13-2010, 12:57 PM

I feel your misery! I truly can't remember what it feels like to feel "normal". And what is even worse is I have just gotten used to it.

All my best to you!!!!!!!
Unread 04-13-2010, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weinuna1 View Post
It seems too good to be true!
Wouldn't it be great to stop looking (and feeling) pregnant all of the time?
I've also been wondering if it helps to have firm muscles before the op in order to speed recovery? or does it make it harder?
That is a very good question!! I have been walking (fast-paced) more regularly just to be in better shape. I know that can't hurt.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register