heavy red bleeding 4 weeks post op | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

heavy red bleeding 4 weeks post op heavy red bleeding 4 weeks post op

Unread 04-16-2010, 02:27 PM
heavy red bleeding 4 weeks post op

i had a hysterectomy 3/16/2010 following childbirth. I had placenta previa that turned out to be an accreta and was growing thru the uterus and into my bladder b/c my previous c section scar had opened up{uterine window}

Long story short i just started having heavy red bleeding starting from yesterday. I think i may have overdone it. i have 3 kids, an 8 yr old, a 16 month old and the baby who is a month old now. I was in wal-mart walking with my daughter and felt crampy like if i was needing to have a bowel movement.

i go into the rest room and when i sat down to urinate, i saw a ton of blood in the toilet and a few clots pass from me vaginally.

I left immediately, went home and just kept my feet up the rest of the night, not getting up unless i had to. after that initial flow, it slowed to a trickle the rest of the night and this morning i thought it had stopped. i still wore a pad to see how much i was bleeding.

then now coming back from picking up my daughter from school, i felt another little gush, sure enough i check the pad and it was soaked like if i was having my period. I sat down on the toilet and same thing as the day before, a large trickle of blood and clots.

I called my dr, he said to monitor the bleeding and if it gets heavier call him back.

has anyone had this happen to them 4 weeks post op? i know blood always looks like there is more than what is really there but its still worrisome.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-16-2010, 06:33 PM
Re: heavy red bleeding 4 weeks post op

I agree with you--this is a lot of blood. Is there anyone who can help you with your kids? You need some time to rest and recover. You have just had complicated major surgery! Please keep your doctor informed, and do as little as you can. I know that's hard to do with your kids, but your body is telling you that you are doing too much too soon. Take care of you, and keep us posted! We are concerned!
Unread 04-16-2010, 06:51 PM
heavy red bleeding 4 weeks post op

I want to send you gentle hugs and hope that you feel better soon. Please slow down and take the time to let your body heal. I know how it feels to have just had a baby and feel that you need to take care of everybody. You have to try and take it easier. The body doesn't heal from a hysterectomy the same as giving birth. Keep in touch with your Dr. A about the blood flow. We here all want you to heal well. Please let us know how you're doing. HUGS
  Quote:
Originally Posted by liandrajade View Post
i had a hysterectomy 3/16/2010 following childbirth. I had placenta previa that turned out to be an accreta and was growing thru the uterus and into my bladder b/c my previous c section scar had opened up{uterine window}

Long story short i just started having heavy red bleeding starting from yesterday. I think i may have overdone it. i have 3 kids, an 8 yr old, a 16 month old and the baby who is a month old now. I was in wal-mart walking with my daughter and felt crampy like if i was needing to have a bowel movement.

i go into the rest room and when i sat down to urinate, i saw a ton of blood in the toilet and a few clots pass from me vaginally.

I left immediately, went home and just kept my feet up the rest of the night, not getting up unless i had to. after that initial flow, it slowed to a trickle the rest of the night and this morning i thought it had stopped. i still wore a pad to see how much i was bleeding.

then now coming back from picking up my daughter from school, i felt another little gush, sure enough i check the pad and it was soaked like if i was having my period. I sat down on the toilet and same thing as the day before, a large trickle of blood and clots.

I called my dr, he said to monitor the bleeding and if it gets heavier call him back.

has anyone had this happen to them 4 weeks post op? i know blood always looks like there is more than what is really there but its still worrisome.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-16-2010, 07:01 PM
Re: heavy red bleeding 4 weeks post op

Thank you ladies, I really appreciate the positive thoughts, im sitting with my feet up and not moving, unfortunately I do not have any family save my husband and mother in law, hubby is a cop and his hours are nuts as you can imagine....

So far it hasnt gotten any heavier, I still have to wear a pad but its not increasing. I just went to the bathroom and im seeing more clots now....

I had a partial hysterectomy, cervix and ovaries still in place, and I had such a complicated delivery. I lost 1 1/2 liters of blood during the c-section, had to get 2 units of blood during surgery then another 4 units the 8 days I was in the hospital! My placenta was attached to my bladder so when they removed it, it made a hole in my bladder that had to get repaired too!

I cant complain, I've been blessed with 3 children, apparently im not meant to have anymore and im ok with with. Im glad I found this site, its been really helpful.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register