What is your favorite book? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces > Review It!

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What is your favorite book? What is your favorite book?

Unread 04-18-2010, 05:48 PM
Re: What is your favorite book?

Robert Parker- they are mystery/action kind of? Kay Hooper- she started out with Romance (which I don't read) and moved to mystery/action that has a bunch of Psychics in it (in most of them). Love them!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-18-2010, 05:49 PM

Ironically, my favorite all time book is "The Red Tent". If you read the book you will understand why the book is ironic at this time in our lives.
Unread 04-18-2010, 05:55 PM

October, I heard that was very good. Thanks for reminding me of it. If I am not mistaken it's a book of the bible as told through the women of that same book?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-18-2010, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenn42076 View Post
I read alot of James Patterson. I love his womens muder club series, also Jodi Picoult books are good.
I agree with the above. Love both authors. I also like Sue Grafton and Lisa Sactolloine (not sure of spelling of Lisa last name.
Unread 04-18-2010, 06:26 PM

I love classical children's books. When I had an asd repair these are the books I took with me (nostalgia for childhood I guess) and when I have my Hyster I will probably take these same books:
The Secret Garden
Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass
The Princess and the Goblin
The Waterbabies
The Jungle Book
Robinson Crusoe
Swiss Family Robinson

(I also love the Fablehaven series - so fun without being mentally taxing!)
Unread 04-18-2010, 06:56 PM

Anything by Julia Quinn or Jane Austen. I am downloading audio books for my recovery period.
KMFA
Unread 04-18-2010, 07:13 PM

So far lots of great suggestions for you... Outlander series is great, mysteries by just about anybody, Romances by Maeve Binchley(sp), ... I'm also a big fan of classics. (Jane Austin, Arthur Conan Doyle, ...)

I found that during my first week my concentration wasn't very good so I read mostly romances, historical romance, stuff that isn't too complex.

Once I got more of the anesthesia out of my head I could concentrate on more plot twists, dozens of additional characters, etc.

Enjoy!
Unread 04-18-2010, 07:32 PM

Nora Roberts has a great new series ~~ about 4 women who have been friends since childhood and who now run a swanky wedding planning business. The first book concentrates on the photograher and is called Vision in White. The second is about the wedding florist and is titled Bed of Roses. The third is coming out next week and is about the wedding cake baker and is called Savor the Moment.
Unread 04-18-2010, 08:03 PM

I highly suggest the Twilight series. I don't know if you have seen the movies but the book series is way better then the movies and it is a 4 book series. 'Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, and Breaking Dawn" This is a series that you need to read from first book to last as the story continues and gets better and better and better!
Unread 04-18-2010, 08:17 PM

I love all of Julie Garwood's romance books, Charlaine Harris' Sookie Stackhouse novels, the Harry Potter series, and I am currently reading the Sisters Grimm series and having a great time with those. I would also agree with the earlier post regarding The Red Tent. Very moving story.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register