I just found out... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I just found out... I just found out...

Unread 10-11-2001, 05:32 AM
I just found out...

I had a Laparoscopy and D&C this past Friday for Endometriosis - and woke to the news that I get to have the Big H! (An old song for a lot of you I'm sure!) I've gone from relief that there was something real causing my pain to "My Mom's friends have Hysterectomys - I'm not that old!" Then realizing they were my age (42) when they had their's so I must be that old. My mom had one at my age - unfortunately she died 7 years ago - I've never missed her or wanted to talk to her so much since she died as I do now. Anyway, this looks like a great site and I'm looking forward to using it a lot. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-11-2001, 05:45 AM
I just found out...

Hello and welcome PTO. Loved that comment about being old. Time sure goes fast doesn't it My mother died 9 years ago...I miss her all the time but prior to AND after surgery I missed her a lot more. I found a beautiful old picture of her that I placed by my recovery bed...it helped having her "by my side". I've kept that picture beside my computer desk since. It's a great comfort.

Glad you found the site...we'll be with you every step of the way.
Unread 10-11-2001, 06:53 AM
I just found out...

Thanks for your reply. I love your suggestion about keeping a picture of my mom next to my bed - it brought tears to my eyes. I will definately do that!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-11-2001, 08:12 AM
I just found out...

Hi

Glad you found this site, it is very helpful and a nice group of women.

I understand about wanting to speak with your Mom now more than ever. My Mom died four years ago, I miss her so much.

The picture suggestion is a good one (thanks) and I am going to do this too.

Hugs
T-Anne
Unread 10-11-2001, 10:54 AM
I just found out...

Welcome to Hystersisters--the best site on the Web! You'll get much information, support, and comfort here. You'll be glad you had your hyst when you get through the recovery period. I'm feeling great 3 1/2 months after mine. Hugs and best wishes!
Ruthie
Unread 10-11-2001, 12:48 PM
new as well

Well since I just found this site also hopefully we can both learn from here. Everyone is so nice here and they really give you good tips. I am still waiting for my date. Called today and the rudely said you and 4 other patients want their surgery before the holidays so you will just have to wait until I can see what can be done. Whoa! All i was doing when i called today was following my orders. She said to call and get date from nurse. I guess the didnt eat her wheates this morning.
Unread 10-11-2001, 01:42 PM
So sorry

That's the last thing you need at a time like this. I'll keep my fingers crossed that you can get scheduled and be off but feeling at least somewhat better by the holidays.
Unread 10-11-2001, 01:51 PM
I just found out...

Welcome PTO Queen! I just got my date today..Nov 16.
I too like what you recommended about the picture of your mom. I'm very fortunate to still have mine. She is my best friend and my biggest supporter. She came over every day for a week after my lap and hung out w/ me and made dinner for me and my hubby. My girl "friends?" never even called to see how I was doing. I don't have any kids but I was thinking of taking a picture of my dog to the hospital w/ me, I will miss her sooo much!
Unread 10-11-2001, 03:04 PM
PTOQueen

A huge welcome mate. You will find this site is the best thing since sliced bread. It helped me so very much when I was pre op. It was the one thing that kept my sanity. Have as I am sure you will made many lovely friends here. No question is too silly, want to know anything then just go for it. I had my op on Sep 17th. The Hyst itself was a breeze, just having abit of trouble getting the bladder to go after a two hour bladder repair, now have a catheter, but we will get there.
I know how you feel when you say you miss your mum. I lost mine in June this year only about 12 weeks before my surgery. I also lost my sister the June before so it has been a nightmare of the year and I think that is why the bladder is so slow to go, it is just all the stress. All the very best for your surgery, you will be fine mate. I know it has been said a thousand times, but the waiting IS really the WORST!! Keep in touch here and believe me they will all help you keep your sanity. Best of luck mate

Love and hugs Vicki

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register