Scheduled TLH 5 more days. getting nervous(Kids mentioned) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

5 more days. getting nervous(Kids mentioned) 5 more days. getting nervous(Kids mentioned)

Unread 04-22-2010, 03:06 PM
5 more days. getting nervous(Kids mentioned)

Hi

I have been on this site for a month or so now and this is my first new post. Ive responded to others before but never started one. I have gotten so much great info here and dont know what i would have done with out all of you.
Im 36 yrs old with three kids. I was diagnosed with endometriosis in Jan. after 2 long years of searching and feeling like I was crazy. My surgery is scheduled for tues and the last few days have been unbearable. I seem to be in more pain than usual. Maybe its just stress about the big day. I dont feel that Im nervous about the surgery itself.....I think its more about the after and the whether I should take the HRT or not. Also just not being able to do all the stuff im used to doing.

How do you deal with being so...... not able to contribute to the house hold. I plan on cleaning the house top to bottom before surgery but with kids it does not stay that way for long.
Any pointers on how to keep from feeling usless??????

My 2 yr old is going to be hard to convince that im not a jungle gym any more. Im a stay at home mom so she is with me 24/7. Dad is great with picking up the slack, I think its going to be hard on her though. my DH keeps telling me im worrying too much, but how do you stop worrying? Is it even possible?
(sigh)
Thanks for listening and if anyone has any insight I sure would appreciate some advice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-22-2010, 06:52 PM
Re: 5 more days. getting nervous(Kids mentioned)

I don't think it's possible to stop the worrying. I think it's part of the process. Here's a tip I read from another sister about being helpful...When walking through the house use a swiffer to do the floors. I also plan on wiping down the counters in the kitchen when I'm in there. Because if I don't who will?? I also plan on having a cleaning company come in a month after surgery. I think it will be worth my sanity.
Unread 04-22-2010, 10:26 PM
Re: 5 more days. getting nervous(Kids mentioned)

I think you will be pleasantly surprised how much you can do after your surgery! I had my LAVH last Tuesday and was doing laundry, dishes, etc by Thursday!!

Listen to your body and rest when you need to but trust me, it isn't that bad.

Best wishes to you!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register