Scheduled LAVH Nesting | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 05-02-2010, 06:27 PM
Nesting

The date is getting closer, and I have found my self nesting. Has anyone else done this? I am going though the house cleaning every thing I can get my hands on. I think it is because I know that I wont be doing it. I know things don't have to be prefect but my mother will be coming the week after and she will make comment if house not clean. What did you ladies wear when you had company?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-02-2010, 06:30 PM
Re: Nesting

YES - my house is SOOOO clean!
dishes, laundry, floors, ceiling fans, even the fireplace. i'm a cleaning fool...

I plan to wear nightshirts and robe if there's company in the house when I get home from the castle.....
Unread 05-02-2010, 06:31 PM

I've been nesting too! Our family room tv died this morning (where I plan to recoup) so off we went to Costco for a new one ... then came home to clean and dust the whole area. I plan to go back to costco one more time for sundries ...

Good question about what to wear ... I plan to live in yoga pants and comfi tops.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-02-2010, 06:40 PM

My DH and son have just been watching me. They think I have gone off the deep end. Glad I am not alone. Windows, floors, walls even clean the light fixtures. I think I am going to live in yoga and lounge pants I think if they don't like it then they wont stay long...lol
Unread 05-02-2010, 09:18 PM

Yes i did the cleaning and made lots of meals to freeze...i was glad i did but i certainly wasn't bedridden afterwards. It was nice that everything was clean and taken care of so i didn't have to obsess over it while recouperating! I wore stretchy workout pants mostly afterwards. It made me feel better to get up and dressed everyday...but that's just me...best of luck!
Unread 05-02-2010, 09:40 PM

Yes, nesting is normal and I did it too. I bought myself 4 new pairs of PJ's and wore that for the first two weeks around the house. Then as the weather got warmer I wore comfy shorts (I already had hot flashes previous to surgery and its Spring in CA) and t shirts. If I knew company was coming over, I put on a robe over my PJ's so they wouldn't notice the girls hanging down!! I made/froze 7 casseroles and had meals brought to me from church friends every other day for the first 2 weeks. We were set for food.
Unread 05-03-2010, 06:20 AM

Yes, I did it too. I even went as far as organizing all the closets in my house. I knew if I was home looking at things that needed to be done and unable to do them that it would either drive me crazy or push me to do too much. Good luck!
Unread 05-03-2010, 06:40 AM

My surgery is May 14th and this weekend I went and bought a few nightgowns for the hospital and went to the drugstore to by a few travel sized toiletries for when Im in the hospital.
Unread 05-03-2010, 07:52 AM

Thanks for all the info. I had not thought about the closets now that is something that can always use work. Now I am going to start cooking. I just heard that K-mart has PJ's buy one get one 1/2 off. So I am going over there today.
Unread 05-03-2010, 08:13 AM

Yes, I too joined the nesting club. The past week I have been doing tons of cleaning and laundry so I won't have to worry about it after surgery. I have also started teaching my 10 yr old how to load and run the washing machine and dishwasher so she can do it for the next couple weeks. Also started packing my suitcase for Wed. I tend to pack way more than I'll probably use.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register