Extremely moody 5 days post op... Not doing good. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Extremely moody 5 days post op... Not doing good. Extremely moody 5 days post op... Not doing good.

Unread 05-04-2010, 09:33 AM
Extremely moody 5 days post op... Not doing good.

Ok so I am five days post op. I was not moody at all the first three days. Now I feel like crying over everything. My husband took ten days off to help me but yesterday he was gone all day running errands and working outside. Every little thing is setting me off. If he doesn't do the laundry or dishes I get upset. We have two kids and they bicker and it makes me feel like crying. My husband says I am "whining" and be can't stand it... I can't get him to see how major of a surgery this is. My husband and my son like to tease and overheard them making fun of me and imitating me. I am ready to snap. Last night I woke up at midnight and my legs were totally asleep and drenched with sweat and I reached for my husband and he was not in bed. I had to text him and tell him I needed him!!!! At midnight!!!! I honestly feel like he is avoiding me. And when he did come check on me it turns out my legs had fallen asleep bit they hurt so bad I immediately thought of blood clots. After that he told me o dramatic. I feel like everyone is picking on me. My mom called yesterday and I heard her telling them " oh you know your mother can be dramatic just deal with it"..... And j am sitting here thinking I just had major surgery and why am I not being treated that way. For an example: this morning guess who is up seeing the kids off to school? Yep-- me. He is still asleep! My list goes on and on. I am tired and my emotions are all whacky! And I feel like screaming at my family. What is wrong with me?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-04-2010, 09:52 AM
Re: Extremely moody 5 days post op... Not doing good.

Sounds probably hormonal. Don't know if you kept your ovaries but even if you did, they often don't work well for a while post op. Call your Dr and ask about possibility of hormones to help you. But yes your family does sound mean. I suspect you could deal with them easier though with some estrogen. Besides, they're whining over helping you---whats with that? Just take care of yourself, call your Dr, and wait until a good moment to tell your dh you need help, not sarcasm, you'd appreciate a little compassion here. Good luck.
Unread 05-04-2010, 03:22 PM

((hugs))

I am sorry you don't have the support necessary to heal properly. I agree with Greyown, wait until a good moment and ask for support.

Take care:-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-04-2010, 03:32 PM

Veronalady --

I too experienced mood swings, at times felt I was "going crazy" because of them. A natural way that helped me a TON was taking Black Cohosh! Give it a try it really helped me, I even didn't take it some days and noticed in a bad way Good luck sweets! And try and keep your chin up!
Unread 05-29-2010, 02:28 PM

I think maybe your family does not like the idea of Mom/wife being down and out. If you are always the one to take care of them, this is a new situation for them to deal with. I would explain it very calmly that it was major surgery and you need some help. That if they do help you will recover sooner and be back to normal quicker than if you have to do it all by yourself. Kids especially don't know how to handle Mom not feeling well.
The next step should be to call your Dr. and ask about hormones, you are most likely feeling the after effects of your surgery but the hormones will help immensely.
Good luck and call the Dr.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register