Am I being lazy? 5 days post op wondering if I should be doing more! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Am I being lazy? 5 days post op wondering if I should be doing more! Am I being lazy? 5 days post op wondering if I should be doing more!

Unread 05-04-2010, 05:37 PM
Am I being lazy? 5 days post op wondering if I should be doing more!

Ok so I was reading this post op checklist for weeks one and two... And it said one thing NOT to do was lay around doing nothing. I felt guilty when I read that because I am on day 5 post op and that is exactly what I have been doing!! I am so tired and so sore. My average day consists of the following: wake up around 6:30AM, eat and maybe watch some tv. Wake up DH so he can get our kids off to school. Mostly during the day I alternate from lying in bed with a movie or reclining in the chair in the living room with a movie or favorite tv show. I can't drive yet so I cannot go anywhere. I do spend alot of time on this website. I guess I spend most of my days right now watching tv and movies I feel guilty.... Like I am being lazy. But honestly I do not know what else to do... I am very sore! I do get up and walk around the house a bit though. I guess after I read that list I felt guilty like I should be doing more. What do you guys spend your time doing? I honestly thought I should be taking it easy. Do you guys fix your hair and makeup every day? Maybe I'm being a loser.... I lounge around in pj bottoms and tshirts. I do blow dry my hair but I do not put on makeup any ideas or thoughts you guys have would be wonderful!!! Am I supposed to be relaxing at day 5 ..... Or am I supposed to be up and at 'em??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-04-2010, 06:00 PM
Re: Am I being lazy? 5 days post op wondering if I should be doing more!

Relax. But do get up and move around. Your body will tell you if you have over done it.
Unread 05-04-2010, 06:21 PM

My doctor said nothing but rest and walking for 6 weeks. I found nothing wrong with wearing my pajamas all the time. It helped me remember to rest.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-04-2010, 06:24 PM

I did shower every day to get myself motivated. And I walked a lot. Forget the make up

I went to the store a lot too, like Home Depot and Target, just to walk around and get out of the house. It's not good to sit too much, you can get a blood clot. I was scared of getting a blood clot. But I slept good at night.
Unread 05-04-2010, 06:32 PM

I walked around the house, slept a TON, showering was too much to do everyday. Heck, I was barely out of the hospital 5 days out. Listen to your body and take care. Focus on you and that's it.
Unread 05-04-2010, 06:38 PM

He told me no driving for at least 2 weeks so going shopping is out of the question. He told me about blood clots and said to do little walks around the house. He said I cannot do laundry, vacuum, bend, lift, reach, carry laundry etc for 4 weeks.... I wonder what i'm supposed to do from now until then. How in the world did you go shopping? Did you not have restrictions?
Unread 05-04-2010, 06:39 PM

I had my hyster the day after you and I am at the same level as you. I get up, go downstairs, eat and watch the news. I come back up take a mid-morning nap, shower, blow dry hair (no makeup) and then head back downstairs for lunch and an afternoon of reading, watching tv and surfing the web. I walk just around the house. I am super sore and feel as if I have been hit by a train. Found out today that I have a uti so I am sure that doesn't help matters.

I would worry if it was week three or more and you were still laying around. Remember, we just had MAJOR surgery and lots of sleep and taking it easy is definitely needed! Enjoy!
Unread 05-04-2010, 06:44 PM

I got out of the hospital at five days out.. alls I did for WEEKS was walk around the house.. I went out only a couple times and that was to see Drs

I still live in my PeeJammies!! *nods lots with a smile* It DOES remind you to relax! and trying to squeeze into jeans makes me sore the following day.. it was a nice try yesterday though LOL

Only thing you should be doing is walking around the house and allowing people to pamper you!! You're doing great!!

~*Hugs*~
Unread 05-04-2010, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brynnlane View Post
I had my hyster the day after you and I am at the same level as you. I get up, go downstairs, eat and watch the news. I come back up take a mid-morning nap, shower, blow dry hair (no makeup) and then head back downstairs for lunch and an afternoon of reading, watching tv and surfing the web. I walk just around the house. I am super sore and feel as if I have been hit by a train. Found out today that I have a uti so I am sure that doesn't help matters.

I would worry if it was week three or more and you were still laying around. Remember, we just had MAJOR surgery and lots of sleep and taking it easy is definitely needed! Enjoy!
I agree!! However keep in mind that sometimes we take a turn at week three.... The UTI's make the pain much worse.. two days after I started on antibiotics I noticed a huge difference!!
Keep up the good work ladies!! You're doing a great job pampering yourselves *high fives*
Unread 05-04-2010, 07:54 PM

Hi ladies, I was discharged from hospital yesterday after a TAH. Not doing much either, walking around the house, dishes and lunchboxes so far. Two friends came to visit so I decided to sort my washing with the grabber for them to put on the line.

I also developed a UTI due to the catheter, and felt quite heavy on the pelvis when walking around. Now on antibiotics, it seems to be getting better.

Take care of yourself and let your family and friends pamper you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register