Scheduled TAH I get a private room!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I get a private room!!! I get a private room!!!

Unread 05-05-2010, 09:07 AM
I get a private room!!!

I just got off the phone with the doctor and 2 great things came out of the conversation.

1st...doctor informed me I would be in a womens center with all private rooms...(Yay Me)

2nd...after reading alot of notes on bladder repair I decided to ask. I told the doctor I pee when I sneeze & jump. Well what do you think he said? The TAH is the perfect time to repair this. I have to go in next week to let him check my bladder with some sort of machine.

I will finally "not" have to cross my legs when I sneeze!!! It has been 10 1/2 years since this was possible...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-05-2010, 09:17 AM
Re: I get a private room!!!

Woo Hoo

Gotta celebrate all we can, don't we!
Unread 05-05-2010, 10:53 AM

Woohoo!! That is great news on both counts!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-05-2010, 11:27 AM

I got a private room.. had surgery on a Tuesday came out on a Friday or was it Saturday? I didn't want to go home!! LoL The private room was simply amazing!! It was a beautiful suite... brand new everything... from granite counter tops, elegant wallpaper to a nicely tiled walk in shower! All amenities and expenses paid!! It was like a vacation in there! I decided to stay in the Castle because I didn't want my family to have to care for me so quickly.. Plus, this gave me a break from them and them a break from me... LoL

~*Hugs*~

Hope you are able to enjoy your room as much as I did!
Unread 05-05-2010, 12:53 PM

I expressed that I NEED a private room for a number of reason the biggest my hormonal emotional state and dealing with a roomate doesn't sound like the best idea. Plus I'm having the bladder repair and I'll need help to the bathroom etc... I'm young and I told them I don't think I can bear the emotional agony of an audience immediately following surgery, I almost cried while begging lol, think I was convincing? my doc ultimately makes that call, thus far he has done all I've asked so fingers crossed
Unread 05-05-2010, 04:16 PM

I had a private room and LOVED it. I was able to keep my door shut without a roommate complaining and thank god for that. The lady across the hall was on her call light every 15 minutes and the call lights make a dinging noise which I heard with the door closed. Can only Imagine what it would have sounded like with the door open.
Unread 05-05-2010, 04:23 PM

Well, good for you!!

There is only private rooms, so I'm grateful for that.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register