Movie Recommendations - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces > Review It!

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Movie Recommendations Movie Recommendations

Unread 05-10-2010, 09:15 AM
Re: Movie Recommendations

I can't recommend Jane Austen (books or screen adaptations) highly enough - and we can also be grateful we don't live in her era (no possibility of surgical relief from our symptoms!).

I'm also going to re-visit The Lord of the Rings (books and films) during my enforced leisure period - should be a good way of passing time for a week or so...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-10-2010, 10:16 AM

Hi,

There is many,many good movies out there. Depending on what you like is what would be good for you. For me I liked:

Hancok
He is just not that into you.
Four Christmas' is cute.

Sorry, I cant remember all of them. I kinda was on pain killers at the time. LOL

Oh, yeah, HBO, Eoncore, really good choices to get. The show alot of movies and a wide selection.
Unread 05-10-2010, 10:33 AM

I LOVE Jane Austen. I have all the versions of all the series or movies on VHS and/or DVD.

I also love the Agatha Christie mysteries especially Hercule Poirot and Jane Marple.

I have all the old Airport movies as well.

For TV series, the first season of Marcus Welby MD has just come out (Robert Young and James Brolin) (us old ladies will remember original, some younger ones may remember reruns). I got this from DH for a mother's day gift and am saving it for recovery. (I actually remember when Drs made house calls on a regular basis!!).

For books, one of my sisters subscribes to the "Love Inspired" and "Steeple Hill" romances and passes them along to me.

My house might be an absolute disaster area, but if I put the TV between me and it, what I don't see, I won't worry about!!!!!!!

Wishing you well for your surgery and a very speedy recovery!

Hugs,
Suzanne
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-10-2010, 12:36 PM

Thank you so much for the great responses - I knew this would result in a bunch of titles and ideas that I would not have thought about, especially in my day-before-surgery state of mind today...

I agree Suzanne, watching movies is going to help me cope with the fact that my DH is not big on using the vaccuum....and it's shedding season for pets.....yup, bring on the movies!!
Unread 05-10-2010, 04:03 PM

Mama Mia is such a fun and happy movie to watch, will cheer you up. My kids say the hang over, not sure about this one. Have fun with the movies, i'm planning on doing the same.
Unread 05-10-2010, 04:12 PM

Ok I know I am going a little offbeat on this one. However if you like something a little on the thriller side Law Abiding Citizen was pretty good.
I would also definetly recommend the Blindside, I loved it!

I am also going to have have the movies picked out as my surgery date is approaching let me know if you come across any hidden gems.
Unread 05-10-2010, 05:10 PM

Thanks so much!! I love the variety that everyone is contributing to, because not only do I like a wide range myself, but I also have no idea what my moods will be like!

For sure Giggles, if I come across a great one that I didn't see listed here I'll post it! (yup, I love thrillers too!)

I have to start my bowel prep in the next hour. I don't WANNA! (oh ya, but I want the fibroids gone so I guess that means I want the surgery, which also means....I want the bowel prep??? Is that really how it works??)
Unread 05-10-2010, 05:12 PM

I just watched Up! and Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs this week. I'm going to purchase both because they're definitely movies I'd not only like to own, but I know they'll make me feel better once I'm home from surgery!
If you want good chick flicks, Serendipity, The Notebook, The Lake House, Return to Me, and Under the Tuscan Sun are great movies.
Unread 05-10-2010, 05:52 PM

Slumdog millionaire
The Courious case of Benjamin Button
Wanted
Knowing
Unread 05-10-2010, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fire View Post
Thanks so much!! I love the variety that everyone is contributing to, because not only do I like a wide range myself, but I also have no idea what my moods will be like!

For sure Giggles, if I come across a great one that I didn't see listed here I'll post it! (yup, I love thrillers too!)

I have to start my bowel prep in the next hour. I don't WANNA! (oh ya, but I want the fibroids gone so I guess that means I want the surgery, which also means....I want the bowel prep??? Is that really how it works??)
Hey Fire. It makes total sense in a twisted way doesn't it?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register