Sisters...i Am Sooooo Confused - Help! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Sisters...i Am Sooooo Confused - Help! Sisters...i Am Sooooo Confused - Help!

Unread 10-13-2001, 07:18 PM
Sisters...i Am Sooooo Confused - Help!

I had my hyst last december. Since then, have had the following (some I had before surgery)

Flush face - even if cold and sometimes only 1/2 face is RED
and hot while the other 1/2 is cold and pale

LOW BACK PAIN...horrible

Pelvic Pain - mainly now on the right

Incontinence - still after being fixed and "slung up"

Rectum has dropped after being fixed

OK here is my dilema:

I have been seen by the URO - gave me ditropan - didnt work so I said heck with it and no longer take it. He did urodynamics and cystoscope and said see the GYNO

GYON did ultrasound and said there are cysts on ovaries, repeat the tests in 5 weeks....most likely I should see a reg doctor.

In the meantime seeing CHIROPRACTOR and his doctor said get a lumbar MRI since I have stenosis in neck that is prob problem.

ALL WANT TO MEDICATE ME - I only take BP med and Xanax in AM and at Nite.

WHO DO I SEE - WHO DO I TRUST - WHO DO I BELIEVE....I AM IN PAIN AND I KEEP GETTING PASSED AROUND....WHAT WOULD YOU DO? I really need advice because I am TOTALLY SHOT and dont know what the next step should be IF ANY AT ALL.

Thanks guys!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-13-2001, 07:51 PM

I know just what you mean! I'm getting passed around like a football. My uro-gyn "dismissed" me by saying I need a uro. He told me to come back only if I see massive amts. of blood in the urine. Six months and I'm nowhere near knowing what's wrong. Monday a.m. I've got to straighten this out because I have had some horrible pain this weekend.

I think the answer for both of us is to get one md to take charge. Ideally, I guess an internist. Someone has to see the whole picture and help us.

I'm just about to start the whole research into pain mgmt I guess. It's not going to be pretty because i am highly allergic to meds. (this is supposed to be a smilie - I don't know if it's going to work).

Anyway, I'm going to kick a-- on Monday - I'm fed up with tests and more tests; it's time for some help! I suggest you do the same. ok?
Unread 10-13-2001, 08:41 PM

I'm so sorry you both are having so many problems and are having trouble finding help.

I had a lot of confusion prior to my hysterectomy and was getting more and more anxious. Finally, I made an appointment with my internist and she took charge---literally!! She told me who to call, where to go, etc. And, everytime I would contact an office, they would say, "O, yes. You are Dr. xxx's patient". She really helped move things along and doors flew open for me. It was really needed because I think the mental strain was more damaging to my health than the ovarian tumor which necessitated the hyst.

So, I agree that you need someone to manage your care, and open some doors foryou. Keep in touch and let us know how you are doing.

Best wishes to you both,

's and prayers

Barbara
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-13-2001, 08:41 PM

NY - I think you are right..... the gyno suggested I seek an internist but should I just blow off everyone else and go for that for now? I did the pain mgmt think...was thinking accupuncture but do I need more bills?
Unread 10-14-2001, 09:07 AM

LaurLaur,
I think the key is to find a doctor that cares. I am 2+ years post op and have been battling more pain and other issues for 18+ months of those 2 years.

It has only been recently that I have finally started to find some answers and it all started with some caring doctors. I have to been to 10+ different doctors looking for answers. My current doctors were willing to spend more time listening to me and my complaints, they also saw the pain in my eyes. They've really gone the extra mile.

Although I'm not quite there yet, I do feel that having someone in your corner taking charge really helps. Soon I will be on the other side of the Road

So, be persistant and keep looking for answers.
Unread 10-14-2001, 02:43 PM

Kim,
The gyno does care - both of them that I see. The uro DID but I think because his surgery did not fix the problems, he is like "I dont know what more to do for you" type...and seems to not give me as much time as he did in the past - pushing me back to gyno.

The chiro (one of them) cares, if you happen to get that one - but I have given it 2 mos and haven't really seen too much difference. I do notice thou, right after an adjustment I can peeeeeeeeee like are real person... and the mid back pain is gone..but that is it - I am frozen now where I am.

The gyno said have the other US and find a good internist...easier said than done. But I am thinking - chuck it all and keep my money and just live with the way things are just might be easier.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register