I think i have ovarian cancer | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I think i have ovarian cancer I think i have ovarian cancer

Unread 10-14-2001, 03:03 PM
I think i have ovarian cancer

I hysterectomy last yr in dec! Well last night i came back from th ER! I have ecruciating pain! I found out friday i have a growth on my left ovary! They pumped me full of morphine and torradol, plus phenagan for nausua! They sent me home with Vicodan! I called my gyn he told me to call the office first thing in the morning he wants to a lap ASAP!
Here are some of my symtoms!
fullness and pressure upper and lower abdomin
Fatigue
Lack of appitiate
Pelvic pain
Nausau
high white blood cell count
constipation
frequent urination
moodiness9assume from pain)!, weightloss
I think thats it i think! I've been so tired that when i wake in the morning i'm ready for bed again i have a very hard time dealing with my 4 yr old i think i'll have someone come to the house to take care of her 2 times a week! I just can't do it anymore! Please help find some answers!
sincerly Colette
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-14-2001, 03:44 PM

Hi Collette, I am so sorry for what is happening to you at the moment. I dont know much at all about ovarian cancer but there are a few women who do and I am sure they will be along soon to help. I just wanted to let you know that we are all here for you , to support you through a frightening time. Best of luck with the lap hopefully it will be nothing serious. Please do let us know how you get on x x x
Unread 10-14-2001, 04:08 PM

Hi Colette,

I am so sorry you are going through all this right now, but you are seeing the doctor tomorrow, and thats great!
Now, you said you know that there is a growth on the ovary. Colette, this growth may not be malignant. I know you are very worried, and I am so glad that you went to the ER for the pain you have been experiencing. I know its hard not to think the worst, but until all the test results are in you don't know for sure what you are dealing with here. Have a good talk to your gyn tomorrow and get all the information you can from him on his thoughts on this at this point.
I think it would be a great idea to have someone look after your little one for a few days so you can catch up on your rest. Worrying is exhausting. Please let us know how your appointment goes tomorrow Colette. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers!!
Sending big hugs!!
Maria
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-14-2001, 06:25 PM

Hi Colette,

I'm so sorry you're having this scare but as Maria mentioned, there are numerous conditions that can cause these symptoms. Its a very good thing that your Dr is having you checked out so quickly though, if only to give you some peace of mind.

Try if you can to relax, take on step at a time and get some much needed rest. There are several tests they can do to help figure out what's happening. If he/she does feel its something to worry about, please consider getting a consult with a Gyn Oncologist as this is their specialty and they'll be able to give you more specific information.

I wish you the best on the upcoming visit and hope you receive some news that will ease your mind. Please keep us posted on how you're doing when you can.

{{hugs}}

Vicki
Unread 10-15-2001, 09:29 AM

Here is a site that I often share with those who are questioning ovarian cancer.
http://www.ovarian.org/
I know this is very hard for you, but you need to get your rest. You have to try to keep your resistance up. Drink milkshakes and OJ. Follow up with your doctor's appt and know that we are all here for support! No matter what is wrong, you are doing the right thing by having these tests done by your doctor. You deserve to be healthy and your child needs you! Get the rest and medical attention that you need, so that you can be that healthy energetic mom again!
Unread 10-15-2001, 10:46 AM
Thanks girls Update for ya!

Well even though i don't want surgery again i made that phone call this morning! I already have a surgery date(bare with me here my pain pills are affecting my typing)!
I really think my ob/gyn is concerned he arranged for an emergency laparoscopy! I told him this friday he told me no no!! i'm doing it this wens...So this wens it is its at 3:30pm i have to be there at 2 pm its day surgery and he just said we'll take from there! So tomarrow morning i have to be at his office at 8 am for pre-op so much for taking my time lol! Usually i pick the date he practically did it! I think the concern is my white blood cell count was high-- wow so am i now the vicoden is working yaaa!!
for now one thing at a time! I think i need to go ly down i'm getting a little dizzy here! I'll keep you posted!
Love Colette
Unread 10-15-2001, 11:48 AM

Great that they are taking you early Colette!!
Hang in there and keep us posted!!
Try to keep positive thoughts!
Hugs,
Maria
Unread 10-15-2001, 12:59 PM

Best of luck , Colette. at least this Dr seems to be on the ball and getting things done quickly. I hope all goes well on Wednesday and when you feel up to it please let us know how you are doing. I will keep you very close to my heart x x x
Unread 10-16-2001, 05:14 AM

That is good that your dr is moving so quickly. Keep us posted and try to think positive! We're here for ya!
Unread 10-16-2001, 06:29 PM

{{Colette}}

Sending you many well wishes for tomorrow. Please keep us posted on how everything goes when you can.

I'll be praying for good news for you.

{{hugs}}

Vicki

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register