Wow Ladies this place is depressing! - Page 10 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Wow Ladies this place is depressing! Wow Ladies this place is depressing!

Unread 06-02-2010, 04:25 PM
Re: Wow Ladies this place is depressing!

Oh geez. I guess next time you'll just have to use Ecover cleaner or similar, which does a wonderful job but won't harm your home or the environment. In fact, when my students and I did a science experiment to see the effects of different cleansers on growing plants, the ones watered with Ecover did better even than the controls; it had a fertilizing effect!

Do be careful overusing bleach-based chemicals; they are leading to a rise in bleach-resistant bacteria. And then we will all be in real trouble!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-02-2010, 04:44 PM

You two must not be from the states lol cuz I'm like what on earth are these cleaners they speak of lol! I like pine sol smells fresh and not bleach based. Though I am allergic to pine so i get a headache but the house smells clean lol. I've been using a steam cleaner and no chemicals on my tile floors lately and they look better than with chemicals.
Unread 06-02-2010, 05:48 PM

tater218 - I am totally from the States, in New York actually. Ecover is a "green" cleaner you can get at most grocery stores. Pine Sol smells okay but has lots of harsh chemicals too. Steam cleaning is a GREAT idea. Vinegar, baking soda, and essential oils are all natural alternatives that work well and won't irritate, especially sensitive post-surgical tissues.

Happy cleaning!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-02-2010, 05:48 PM

I think most men don't discover just how valuable we are until we get sick. I love reading your stories because they are just so funny.
A lady in my mom's exercise class was telling me that when she had her hysterectomy her husband had to do a lot of the housework, make sure the kids got on the bus and things like that while she recovered. To her amazement after the third day he announced he couldn't do it and hired a maid to do it. She was telling me that she asked the maid what he paid her and she said she wasn't supposed to tell. The friend said "Lady don't mess with me. I just had a hysterectomy and you don't know how bad I am.!" After she found out the amount and had recovered, she gave her husband a bill every week and told him he could either pay her or take her out to dinner, his choice. She said she got a lot of fabulous dinners out of it. I loved her spirit and just laughed and laughed. Ten years later and her husband is still paying her in dinners. She said that he just says he will pay whatever she asks just as long as he doesn't have to do it.
I have to admit I never had heard of Ecover and I do live in New York. Sounds good. Will have to look for it.
Unread 06-02-2010, 11:58 PM

This is awesome! I'm having surgery soon so I know what I'll be watching, etc...LOL...and dinners I'll be getting! I look forward to learning more and connecting!

Unread 06-04-2010, 10:19 AM

okay ladies listen up! misery loves company.... first and fore most! You feel different some where so you google the symptom... that is called Cyberchondria. I thought i seen a bulge(actually i did) it was my @#%# pelvic bone at the entrance!!!!!! Women on hear automatically told me it was a prolapse. So i started thinking I had one, i felt depressed, anxiety, stopped riding my horse, stopped having sex felt like@#$@! I went to four different doctors who said, you are fine, strong pelvic muscles! Still yet the women on here kept saying well, you know they just couldn't find it but you now how doctors are!!! So i am now after getting a clean bill of health speaking out!!!!!! Ladies stop worrying!!!!!!! If you have had a prolapse and repair, yes you will be sore, yes watch what you lift(don't become disabled). If you had your operation for something besides prolapse get off your butts(after 6 weeks recovery) and get on with life for christs sake! stay off the internet!!!! Often i wondered why the 30 plus women i knew who had the same operation seemed to recover so quickly... it is because they did not get on the internet and google all their symptoms.
Yes,, you will have unexplained pains for months, yes you will be tired, yes you will have discharge, yes you will be cranky, yes you will cry, yes, you will wonder if that ache is something you did.
But ladies i am telling you be wise.
Unread 06-04-2010, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyredhed View Post
okay ladies listen up! misery loves company.... first and fore most! You feel different some where so you google the symptom... that is called Cyberchondria. I thought i seen a bulge(actually i did) it was my @#%# pelvic bone at the entrance!!!!!! Women on hear automatically told me it was a prolapse. So i started thinking I had one, i felt depressed, anxiety, stopped riding my horse, stopped having sex felt like@#$@! I went to four different doctors who said, you are fine, strong pelvic muscles! Still yet the women on here kept saying well, you know they just couldn't find it but you now how doctors are!!! So i am now after getting a clean bill of health speaking out!!!!!! Ladies stop worrying!!!!!!! If you have had a prolapse and repair, yes you will be sore, yes watch what you lift(don't become disabled). If you had your operation for something besides prolapse get off your butts(after 6 weeks recovery) and get on with life for christs sake! stay off the internet!!!! Often i wondered why the 30 plus women i knew who had the same operation seemed to recover so quickly... it is because they did not get on the internet and google all their symptoms.
Yes,, you will have unexplained pains for months, yes you will be tired, yes you will have discharge, yes you will be cranky, yes you will cry, yes, you will wonder if that ache is something you did.
But ladies i am telling you be wise.
Cathy, while I appreciate your input it isn't very relevant to the topic of this thread. We were discussing what we did in the early weeks of recovery to pass the time. Myself I am now 3 weeks and 3 days post op, this was started by me when I was only about a week post op.
I had a very very very severe prolapse, it involved my rectum, bladder, uterus, cervix and vagina and I required extensive repairs to fix it. This was beyond the need for the actual hysterectomy for severe adenomyosis and stage 1 endometrial cancer. I try not to discuss exactly what I had wrong because I don't want to be looked at as one of those chicks who needed a bladder sling or a chick who had cancer because I'm more than that. I've had a very difficult time through all of this. I have 5 children, my younger 2 are at my grandmothers 1000miles away. I havent seen them since the last week of March, my youngest in 15 months old and I have a 3 and a half year old who is autistic, in order to fix myself i had to halt all of his services, speech, audiology, appts we had schdeduled to try to get him into school, everything. He currently refuses to eat and is so stressed he's stayed sick. The guilt and agony of what my children are going through alone is very difficult and I didn't even mention my 3 older children who have watched they mommy vomit blood, drag a catheter bag around with her for a week and all the other fun stuff I've been through lately. So please, to anyone who wants to post on this thread, don't post in a manner that makes anyone feel like they are being a crybaby etc, this is only a small portion of my story and everyone has their story and no one knows what hurdles others have to overcome to get where they are and most of us don't really know the actual reasoning why others are having their hysterectomy and other surgeries.

Now with all of that said~ Ladies, I'm now depressed again so can we please bring the humor back Dealing with what I am dealing with regarding my son refusing to eat or anything is almost unbearable. I'm breaking doctor orders to drive to pick him up next week, 2 weeks sooner than I was given the ok for, financially I can't afford to do it either so I have to pay my car payments late to have gas and travel money, but as a parent you have to do whats best for your child right?
Unread 06-04-2010, 12:01 PM

Tater, please try not to feel guilt for taking care of a physical problem you have had. Your autistic child excepted, children are more resilient than we think and I think your older ones will be fine ultimately. I have a friend with Crohn's disease who ultimately had to have surgery, and she had kids as well that had to cope with a lot, and both are adults now and just fine, which I'm telling you just to try to give you the bigger picture.
I will pray that you don't have any further complications caused by your breaking doctors orders. Any possibility of grandma or someone else coming back with you to assist for a couple of weeks? They were going to have to watch the kids anyway for that period of time, right?
You are indeed someone who is more than a bladder sling.
Unread 06-04-2010, 02:08 PM

TATER, thank you for a thoughtful reply. Like you, my pelvic reconstruction was intense. The hyst was the least of my sorrows. I am 8 days post op and already have people calling and asking when I will be able to... since they had a LVH and were back in business in 2 weeks... I didn't have that experience and my recovery will be longer. I never wish to repeat this pelvic reconstruction again. This was my 3rd attempt and by far the most extensive. And most painful. Funny thing is because I am a super type A person, my Dr and DH spent weeks trying to convince me to take it slow and respect my body and it's need to fully heal. I think others are trying to help by being encouraging but it comes out as criticism. Hope you continue to feel better every, single day!
Unread 06-04-2010, 06:45 PM

Tater218 Hang in there.....seeing your little ones will take a bunch of stress off your plate! May your journey to get them be as paved with smooth cement and hopefully you will have someone with you to help with the driving!
Best Wishes
Vickie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register