Wow Ladies this place is depressing! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Wow Ladies this place is depressing! Wow Ladies this place is depressing!

Unread 05-20-2010, 06:58 PM
Re: Wow Ladies this place is depressing!

I recommend everyone should read Stephanie Plum while recovering, hilarious and makes you forget being in pain for awhile.
Ranger makes everything better. Heehee
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-20-2010, 07:15 PM

I'm gonna have to figure out what this Stephanie plum and ranger stuff is...
And I've been on facebook less since surgery, mainly because my status updates are things like "love your vagina, you only get one" and "yay I peed on the potty like a big girl go me" -those were big hits amongst my chick friends but I doubt most of my friends would have the courage to say vagina in a facebook status lol
Unread 05-20-2010, 07:19 PM

The Stephanie Plum series is written by Janet Evanovich. There are numbers in all of the titles, first one is One for the Money. You should read them in order. There are quite a number of 'in between the numbers' books too that are related. Can't wait for new ones!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-20-2010, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apr21 View Post
The Stephanie Plum series is written by Janet Evanovich. There are numbers in all of the titles, first one is One for the Money. You should read them in order. There are quite a number of 'in between the numbers' books too that are related. Can't wait for new ones!!
What are they about? About the only books I could read were the Twilight series, that was about a year or more ago. I cant even bear to read the chapters in my school books I should read, I skim through. I'm such an anti-reader lol
Unread 05-20-2010, 07:30 PM

Ladies, this site has been a life saver to me. I get to talk to people that are has bored at home as I am. I am 3 weeks and 1 day post-op. Like many it is so much tv, movies, crosswords puzzles you can stomach.

My Dr. tells me I won't be able to go back to work until after June 23rd which is 8 weeks post-op to the date.

Everybody says relax and take advantage of this time at home. I am beginning to believe that my depression I feel sometimes began with my boredom. I know my hormones are all over the place now, but I can't help it.

I would like you ladies to keep writing and encouraging me to move forward. Just being able to talk to you girls sometimes puts a smile on my face. I feel that I am not alone in this matter.
Unread 05-20-2010, 07:48 PM

So it has been 3 weeks and 1 day, so far I have:
-become addicted to "Say Yes to the Dress"
-watched every season of NCIS again
-re-read all of my Christine Feehan books
-bawled my eyes out at every episode of Animal Cops and just in general watched too much Animal Planet
-my dogs are giving me the look of woman take your butt back to work
-found out that I can drink my coffee with only creamer and no sugar
-figured out that my dh is very moody since there has been no sex for the last 4 weeks and I am trying not to kill him over it LOL

I do need to get back on some kind of sleeping schedule just in case my doc lets me go back to work week after next.
Unread 05-20-2010, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tater218 View Post
Anyone have tips on how in haitis to shave your legs when you can't lift your leg??? Its all fine til I get back to bed and realize how bad they "need" it.. dh suggested bringing in the lawn chair and sticking it in the shower for me to sit on... hmmmm
Yes! I took the "lawn chair" actually, we've always kept it indoors in the spare room to help us reach up higher... we really should get a step stool or small stepladder...

Anyway, when I first got home, I was determined to shave! I took the lawn chair, since it's plastic and has holes for the water to drain, and put it in the shower, then, if you have any of those blue pads that they put under you when you were in the hospital, put that on it, that way the chair won't be cold, then shower away, or like me wait until you are almost done, then have your loved one put it in the shower for you, then sit down and prop up a foot and go to work shaving... worked like a charm, hope that helps a little. Patience ladies! It really does get better. I'm still really tired, but the pain's getting better!
Unread 05-20-2010, 07:59 PM

Oh and I forgot to add that I drove myself to Dunkin Donuts for a super duper large french vanilla latte the day dh went back to work, I was 8 days post op and 1 day foley-free, dh still doesn't know lol... it's only like 1/4 mile from my house so ya know it really doesnt count and I needed "something"!! If he knew I could drive that far, which I shouldnt have lol he'd have me running errands all over the world.

What sucks for me is living in Florida, its soooo nice outside here, but its lovebug season (if your not aware you can google it) they are this horrible lightning bug looking thing that the University of Ohio created for some reason and sent down here in the 70's I think, anyway they suck and when its "season" going outside is NO FUN!

And since I'm on the topic of Florida I thought I'd share some Florida Trivia~ Did you know we don't have lightning bugs here in summer like most places do

Oranges are dyed orange

and our Disney discount really isnt as great as you'd think!

Gosh I could do a whole book on Florida this and that what nots lol.. we have four seasons, unlike the rumors say you can't get 4 seasons here, here they are:
Lovebug Season
Snowbird Season
Hurricane Season
and Tourist Season

I know, I know I really need to start that legal deposition and estate planning paper that are due Sunday, but thats no fun right now. Time to watch Greys, it BETTER be as good as the preview looks! I hate it when they make the preview look all "good" and you watch something and then your like uhhhhh thats it!?!?
Unread 05-20-2010, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tater218 View Post

Oranges are dyed orange
Wait, wait, wait..... are you serious? Like how do we find out what color dyes they use on them? I have an only child, who is 4, and he has a huge intolerance to red dye #40, he had something at my aunt's house on Sunday that had orange juice in it, and he went bonkers on us. I've been trying like crazy to figure out what in the world could have set him off... hmmm...
Unread 05-20-2010, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper79 View Post
Wait, wait, wait..... are you serious? Like how do we find out what color dyes they use on them? I have an only child, who is 4, and he has a huge intolerance to red dye #40, he had something at my aunt's house on Sunday that had orange juice in it, and he went bonkers on us. I've been trying like crazy to figure out what in the world could have set him off... hmmm...
Its mainly the peel thats dyed, the best way to get the ones with the least dye is NOT to buy the bright orange pretty ones you see. They can come off the tree with a natural orange color BUT not vibrant. If it was OJ and there was ANY dye its required to be listed on the jug in ingredients. But yes its a true story most oranges are dyed orange to look more appealing

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register