Wow Ladies this place is depressing! - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Wow Ladies this place is depressing! Wow Ladies this place is depressing!

Unread 05-21-2010, 08:29 AM
Re: Wow Ladies this place is depressing!

I wish i could be Lula ! I love her attitude and she eats whatever she wants without guilt !
Tamyjean...the blaming the baby was a brillant idea ,made me laugh ! I blame the dog hehehe

New steph plum on june 22 ! I didnt know! I am so excited !!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-21-2010, 08:51 AM

Thank you ladies for all the fun posts! The smiles and support from the folks here are invaluable!
Here are a couple of things I have been doing to occupy time:
*I have never watched "Friends" before, so I got all of the seasons from someone and have had a marathon!
*Mail order, mail order!
*Learned to play Bunco
*Ordered a couple of things from the Frederick's of Hollywood catalog so I would have something to look forward to when the belly goes down!
*actually got some quiet time to do some wedding planning! (I am getting married in September!)
*acquired some new pets- my fiance knew I had chickens when I was a kid and loved them- so he built a pen and bought us a flock of quail! I love them and the eggs are delicious!
Thanks again ladies for the smiles- this site has been an inspiration and a comfort.
Unread 05-21-2010, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritdove View Post
and one more thing LOL

It was such a nice day today so i went out to sit on the deck to read.When i got up to go into the house i thought i had pee'd myself bigtime! I couldnt imagine how i didnt notice that i was going,my whole butt was soaked! I am not having bladder problems but have read about them on here so i thought that is what happened.
well then i started thinking that it has been pouring rain for days now and of course the cushions would be wet LOL
So even though I could see the ending to your story coming, I still laughed out loud. We've all done it, especially here in FL, but the timing was perfect.

I am going looking for the "You know you've had a hysterectomy when..." section. My daughter's favorite line from my hospital stay was, in response to what I was feeling, me replying, "If I had a uterus, I'd say..." The rest of my response was lost on her.

I'm glad I can still make my family smile. Seems to me, life has to be better going forward, even if it isn't perfect, cause life pre-surgery held significant limitations. I'm grateful for this site and everyone's willingness to talk realistically about what we're going through, especially finding the humor in the midst of it.

Love to all,
Debbie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-21-2010, 09:34 AM

I needed that laugh today thanx. I haven't sat on wet chairs yet but did know you absolutly can not keep milk cold in the microwave or cook in the fridge...it's true I know because I tried it. I get the feeling I'm not the only one experiencing brain fog. I had my hysterectomy with a monarch on May 12 and am going back to work on Tuesday but Im not sure my brain can handle it...it could be interesting. i haven't spent much time on here but it is great to have a place to go. Heal well and prosper my hyster friends.
Unread 05-21-2010, 09:39 AM

Yes Tater....please read these, you will be laughing your heinie off! Ten times better than the Twilight series. I seriously read a whole book in one day!!
I am starting book 9 right now...I was laughing so hard at the beginning, they are trying to capture this big fat huge dude who is naked and greased himself up with Vaseline so they can't catch him....
My husband is getting mad at me when I read, because I am constantly laughing out loud...hysterically!!
Unread 05-21-2010, 09:49 AM

Fine..i will pull myself out of my corner, where i have been bawling for the last 5 weeks and join you girls.

Yes, the Stephanie Plum books are great. The author is Janet Evanovich (don't know if someone said that or not....memory lapses!!LOL) You all will like them. They are "easy reads" and make sure you go in order of the series!

I have too watched back to back, day after day of "Say yes to the dress". I also have been sucked into both "New Jersey" and "New York" Housewives (not at work with over 150 women, so i need my drama)! Can't forget "little house on the prairie" (bawl bawl bawl)!

My pup too thinks "why is my mama here all day", but she loves every minute of it. And when i do leave it breaks my heart, she whines and cries (my god it is like leaving your 18 months old at the babysitters)!!!!!

Yes, you can not cook in the fridge. AND SO YOU KNOW, butter does not go in the cabinet with the bread! lol

I am getting more energy back so i have been doing a little of this and that around the house. (i had a huge setback with surgery, so my recovery time is longer).

Was very naughty two days in a row and went to go get myself some fast food for lunch!! Which made my tummy hurt and ache but i did not care cause FINALLY food tastes good!!!

I cheated and took a bath. Of course this was not with doctor's okay, but i sprayed so much cleaner in the tub it should be germ free for years. It felt so good!!!! I filled it to the tip top with hot water. (on antibiotics anyway for UTI, what the heck can it hurt!!)
Unread 05-21-2010, 09:54 AM

[quote=daisyforest;3195274]Fine..i will pull myself out of my corner, where i have been bawling for the last 5 weeks and join you girls.

Good for you, because honestly, I think Tater was on to something here and humor really does help us to recover! Well and Ranger might have a little something to do with it! haha

We are all in it together and this is the best way to take our minds off of stuff, realize, that this too shall pass! It doesn't feel like it right now, but we will make it ladies!!

Whoohoo Rally Cry!!

I am losing it! But at least I am not crying!! Hang in there...
Unread 05-21-2010, 09:54 AM

Well here is a new laugh. We all have been doing the grandma shuffle right. Well I have a new cat that has just showed up at my house. Because of allergies I can not have him/her around me. Here is the funny part the cat knows this and when I go outside to walk he follows me, I am trying to get away from him/her is my quickest shuffle that I have and it just mops along following me. I keep telling it to go away but all it wants to do is follow me. Family just laughs at this my DH had to sit down the first time he watched this cause I was walking around the car as quick as I could and the cat just kinda of lumbered around behind me. Was funny when I got back inside but not while it was happening.

I have begun to watch Top Model to pass the time.
I am giving some bad telmarketer a little ( maybe alot) of [email protected]%%.
I am watching my garden grow, the first time I have ever grown anything but get ready I am going to have squash and tomatoes!!
Unread 05-21-2010, 10:01 AM

yes girls! This is EXACTLY what I needed this morning....I was thinking the same thing as the first writer, only my fourth day on the site, yes I feel terribly out of sorts and I MUST FIND THE LIGHT!
I've got my 28 year old and a couple of good pals keeping me in new music which I put on my IPOD and zone away with. The new Alicia Keys, Sounds of the OZARKS:birds and streams, Natalie Merchant.
I feed the birds and have my bird guide close so I can identify all the new and strange visitors to the feeders. My exercise is filling all three feeders with seed (nothing heavy). Humming birds are here so I look closely for them. I've watched a mother downy woodpecker teach her baby to feed from the feeders. baby downys are awkward and noisy!
I've kept check of my potted plants which have been moved to my "healing" porch and they have never been more carefully tended.
I'm eating my fruits, vegies and grains like a good girl. Drinking plenty of water.
Read some fun books. The Moonflower Vine, If You Have To Cry Go Outside, Finding The Deep River Within (balance in reading material is important!) The Last Time I saw You, a very funny book about going to your 40th class reunion. Im not there yet bu still, I've done enough hair for upcoming reunions I can totally relate to the gals in the book.
I walk through my garden every morning with my favorite coffee drink and talk to the robin that nested outside my window. She has yet to respond in english. I have watched my tomato plants grow a bit each day.
Today as I headed for the front gardens I noticed that my robe was gapping at the bottom and since I had just only been up long enough to have made my coffee, I was "necked" under the robe. My three week hospital shave was on parade. Thank goodness I didnt have a chat with a neighbor or the trash men only to find when I turned around I had given a free show. The Robin may have been trying to tell me something but again...translation problems.
I too have GOOGLE searched some interesting things and watched some really good stuff on YOU-TUBE. Today Im going to find an image of the only bug statue that exisits (its in Alabama) The Boll Weevil and post it on my facebook profile as a representation of something that appears awful at first then turns out to be a blessing. Alabama became a richer state richer when they went from growing cotten (mowed down by the Boll Weevil) to planting peanuts! Symbolic!!!
My question for the day which I will repost (team player) is "when will I know its time to get back on the VESPA?"
I don't think they make a donut that will fit a scooter seat, tho if I asked my handy husband he'd find a way to bungee the thing on so we could get a rollin! Maybe I better wait until I dont need that!....sounds like that might ruin the look.
peace out today ladies. Im not reading anything sad or worrisome today!
Jan
Unread 05-21-2010, 10:06 AM

I spent the week before getting 2 or 3 books that had absolutely nothing to do with health or hysterectomies that just take me away for a while when I read them. I got a DVD set of the first season of The Golden Girls so I can laugh whenever I want to. Mostly I just rest, walk a little and try to watch some reality TV because there is always someone on there who either has worse problems than me, or is feeling worse than I do. Misery loves company I guess.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register