Wow Ladies this place is depressing! - Page 8 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Wow Ladies this place is depressing! Wow Ladies this place is depressing!

Unread 05-22-2010, 05:15 AM
Re: Wow Ladies this place is depressing!

Sherri,
I have been going to sleep about 1 or 2 and getting up around 10, so that is really not going to work when I have to go back to work. I am thinking of asking doc to give me something to help me get to sleep. I was used to going to sleep around 11 or midnight before surgery and getting up about 6 but since my surgery it has been alot harder to get to sleep.

Rose
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-22-2010, 05:23 PM

Well I went out for dinner with my DH last night - it was great to get out and try to just feel normal again. I almost succeeded! We were there for about an hour and I was already getting ancy with the notion of sitting upright for that long....I seem to best either walking or laying. This whole sitting thing is abit of a conundrum, particularly since I'm hoping to transition back to work very soon, and this time of year I am mostly at my desk.

So I thought "maybe it's just because it was at the end of a long day" (I am regularly waking up at 5am.....). So I set it up with a girlfriend to have lunch. She had her gall bladder out a few days before I had my hysterectomy....so we had to go through our list of favorite restaraunts according to their seating....rather than what food we wanted we were concerned about padded seats and good back support!!! I was tired after an hour and a half, even with a 'bevy'! My DH drove me there, and then her DH drove me home!! I can't decide if I feel really old, or feel like a small child???
Unread 05-22-2010, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tater218 View Post
And my 6 year old daughter says (while I had the foley in) "why are you carrying around a bag of Lemonade mom?"
I was reading the various comments on this thread and came across this comment....this one got me Good one...Children are so precious and innocent with their observations and comments. Lemonade? I love it...Thanks for making me today.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-22-2010, 07:31 PM

Quote:
I would love to see the Northeastern coasts. I imagine its so different yet pretty from my coasts down here. And just so everyone knows NO there is no oil on my beaches here in Tampa The ocean amazes me, it can be so angry and violent yet soothing and calm at the same time. Its definately my place to reflect especially at night when the waves are all you hear.. ahhhh... now I wanna drive out to the coast lol
Nor in Sarasota / Bradenton area...I love the beach at night too
And as well, I miss my truck too
Unread 05-24-2010, 06:05 PM

plannerose,
I can relate to not sleeping. After my surgery I swear I barely slept for three months. They tried to give me prescription sleep aids but bad reaction. Then they suggested Tylenol PM. It did help but what made the difference for me was to go on HRT. Since then, sleeping is better. It may be hormones that were causing this. Also in surgical menopause immediately post op. It was and is horrible. Luckily the meds are helping some.
Unread 05-27-2010, 07:36 PM

Hope this makes some of you think and laugh...

How many of you open your mouth while applying mascara or other eye makeup? LOL
Unread 05-27-2010, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by july813 View Post
Hope this makes some of you think and laugh...

How many of you open your mouth while applying mascara or other eye makeup? LOL
I do, and did you know we do it because it stretches the muscles around the eyes to make it easier to do those things? its like our "girly" instinct lol
Unread 05-27-2010, 09:53 PM

I actually saw a dad doing this when he was putting mascara on his daughter before a dance performance. LOL
Unread 05-28-2010, 07:03 AM

Quote:
I do, and did you know we do it because it stretches the muscles around the eyes to make it easier to do those things? its like our "girly" instinct lol
I LOVE IT! I have always done it and thought I was goofy for doing it. Then, at a family dinner, my niece and I realized we both do it. So we went around the room asking the gals to pretend they are putting mascara on and all but one opened their mouth. LOL
Unread 05-28-2010, 12:58 PM

is there another way to put on mascara? And do you open the other eye wide while putting on liner?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register