Still 2 months away and I am an emotional mess | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Still 2 months away and I am an emotional mess Still 2 months away and I am an emotional mess

Unread 05-25-2010, 08:40 PM
Still 2 months away and I am an emotional mess

I was given depot lupron last tuesday and a progestin pill that ends thursday. I also have depo provera in my system so I am a hormonal mess.

I am anxious about hot flashes and night sweats, yest I have not had them. I have had some occassions to be very warm and a fan cooled me off.

I have made my hospital take list, am preparing my home stash and am annoying my doctors with questions.

I am having an abdominal supracervical hysterectomy and I am a plus size gal. I have requested they remove my appendix which is buggy while they are there, so hope they do.

I find that I am moody as heck. I am not sure if this is all the hormones or just anticipation or something bigger.

I am sad that I will not have another child, but I am so happy to be rid of the troublesome periods i have had most of my life.

I am looking forward to losing the excess weight this silly adenmyosis, polyp, fibroid has caused me the past year. a new chapter.

My ob will be ordering me an abdominal binder, is it any different from the one here? I am with Kaiser, so I do not know how long my stay will be in the hospital as well as what the binder looks like. I would like to get the swelly belly as well... I am a diabetic so I can use all the help I can get...

thanks for letting me vent.

Hugs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-25-2010, 09:43 PM
Re: Still 2 months away and I am an emotional mess

Hi Kryss,

A lupron and depo cocktail would be enough to make anyone an emotional mess! I have had them at separate times which made me crazy - you are a strong woman.

Keep working on your lists and hang out on the board. It will help you pass the time. I have 8 more weeks to go until I get rid of my disaster of a uterus. By the Fall we will be on our way to healthier bodies!

Hang in there!
Unread 05-25-2010, 11:45 PM

I too am on Lupron injections and am a hormonal mess...but the is a combination of the stress and the injections. And yes..the night sweats and hot flashes may follow for you as unfortunately I have been experiencing those regularly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-26-2010, 03:20 AM

I'm not on meds but am scheduled for SAH on 7/21 and am making myself crazy. I go to sleep thinking about this procedure and wake up thinking about it (sometimes at up in the middle of the night too)! Before/during my period I'm in so much pain and discomfort that I can't wait until the day comes but then in between I start talking myself out of it. I'm basically swollen all the time now (fibroids and suspected adenomyosis) so I can't really ignore it though -- I know it will only get worse.

The good thing is that I'm finally getting around to all those cleaning projects that never get done. I don't want to have to look at this 'stuff' while I'm recovering.

Anyway... just rambling along with you and offering hugs

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register