Scheduled TAH Celebration of womanhood | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Celebration of womanhood Celebration of womanhood

Unread 05-29-2010, 09:29 PM
Celebration of womanhood

I had wanted to do some sort of ritual before my surgery scheduled for next week and so I created a Girls Night Out titled Celebration of Womanhood. We went out last night, had dinner and laughed like crazy about stories of husbands, kids and so much else. I am so glad I did this. Everyone was so supportive and talked about dinners after the trip to the castle. If you haven't had your surgery yet, I highly reccomend doing something like this. We had such a great time!!! I am now more relaxed and feel so loved. Ready for my trip now!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-29-2010, 09:33 PM
Re: Celebration of womanhood

Good for you!! What a great way to celebrate with all your girlfriends...laughing is always good medicine.

Best wishes on your upcoming surgery and for a speedy recovery!
Unread 05-30-2010, 10:18 AM

Hi sister,

My surgery is June 4th too and last night I said to my husband that he needed to take my uterus out for dinner one last time before the trip to the castle and then the whole night we laughed about all the things my uterus would do with us one last time. She had her last margarita last night. She pushed her last shopping cart around the grocery store. I may give her a last bubble bath tonight ! LMAO. And right before surgery I'm going to ask my only child if she has any special parting words for the womb that brought her into this life. Laughter is truly the best medicine and I'm glad that my sisters are able to find joy during this stressful time in our lives.

Keep laughing--we are all going to be ok
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-30-2010, 11:51 AM

My surgery is scheduled for the 4th also. I took this whole week off work to prepare mysefl mentally and to get a few things done around the house. I plan on having a long bubble bath tonight with a little bit o' wine. I'll be sleeping in each day and relaxing a bit, I am ready for the big day, bring it on. I really liked the idea of going out with friends!
Unread 05-30-2010, 01:27 PM

I threw myself an "Im ovary this party". It was the best "pre" medicine I could have had. Good luck with your surgery and hope you are celebrating again soon!
Unread 05-30-2010, 03:57 PM

Love it! On my last day of work I was tempted to bring in some of my food for a "Going away" party for my uterus. Also was thinking of making a uterus shaped cake with cupcakes for the ovaries but decided that might be too much LOL.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register