endometrial cancer stage 1 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

endometrial cancer stage 1 endometrial cancer stage 1

Unread 10-16-2001, 06:25 PM
endometrial cancer stage 1

hi to all you ladies,

i'm new so i don't know too much about this site. i hope someone can help me through this i'm very scared. dr. told me i had endo cancer stage 1 nothing to worry about 95% cureable, but, i am terrified. has anyone had this ? i am going for complete hyst.
don't know date yet but 2 to 3 weeks.
please help.
thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-16-2001, 06:47 PM

Hi and welcome!

I'm so glad you found us! I'm going to copy your post to our forum Cancer Concerns - please head over there and read the many posts there. I know you will find some wonderful and very helpful women there who have been right where you are now!!

Hang in there, and we'll help you get through this!!

s!!

Karen
Unread 10-16-2001, 07:07 PM

Hi and welcome............
Cancer is a horrible disease, and we instantly assume death. That is no longer the case, especially in the case of endometrial cancer. At stage 1 it is completely contained in the uterus, therefore from what I understand completely cureable. Your doctor seems to be giving you the facts. I had endometrial cancer stage 2B, and my doctor told me I had an excellent prognosis. Try not to worry..........I know that is hard, but trust me, you will be fine.

Valentina

Please keep us posted and if you have questions, please do not hesitate to email me................GOOD LUCK
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-16-2001, 08:31 PM
I Had This Also.

Hi, I went into my surgery not knowing for sure whether I had cancer or not. My doctor told me if it was and if it was stage 1, then most likely the hysterectomy would take care of it all. After getting the pathology report back , I did indeed have stage 1 endometrial cancer. My doctor was right and it was all taken out with the uterus without any spread. I know exactly how you feel though , not knowing for sure what will happen. All I can say is try not to worry and just pray for the" peace that passeth all understanding". Sounds like you have a good Dr. who will take good care of you. Please keep us posted!

PS- Please email me if you want to , anytime!
Unread 10-16-2001, 10:43 PM

Hello puppy, sorry to hear about your cancer but you have been caught in early stages. Of course this will not take away all your fears of the unknown or of the diagnosis. When you are diagnosed with any type of cancer it is the most frightening thing to go through But this is the right place to be, here among us cancer girls. We have all had some experience with cancer and we know what you are going through. And we give good hugs and lots of support. You will feel like you are wrapped in a cocoon of love. Please dont forget that we are here for you and anytime you need to cry or need a shoulder to lean on , just pop in. Some one is here most times . Lots of love and good wishes to you x x x x
Unread 10-17-2001, 04:59 AM

Hi Puppy! Welcome to the Cancer Concerns! It sounds like you caught this early, so you need to keep that in mind and remember how lucky you are! I know that cancer is very devastating and we all have thought the worse about our diagnosis, but we need to keep the faith with our heads held high. It's a real eye opener though!
I don't have any experience with your type of cancer, but I wanted you to know that you can count on me for support! We are like one big family here so don't ever feel alone!
Unread 10-17-2001, 06:53 AM

Hi Puppy!

Welcome to Hystersisters and the Cancer concerns forum!

It so very natural to feel very overwhelmed when hearing about a diagnosis of Cancer. It IS scary but its also very treatable. Try to keep a positive outlook, we'll all be here to support you in any way we can.

Please feel free to PM or email if you'd like to chat or vent. Sending you many in the meantime.

{{hugs}}

Vicki
Unread 10-17-2001, 02:14 PM
endometrial ca, stage 1

Hi Puppy!

I haven't been on for awhile. I'm almost finished recovering from radiation for endo, stage 1A. Had hysterectomy - everything out -June 25th, and it really was a breeze. Path report said I had a little 1 1/2 cm spot in my uterus, and a 1 cm spot on my ovary. Both were endometrial. I saw a gyn/oncologist several weeks later, and he wanted me to have radiation, so I had external radiation for six weeks, then internal (intravaginally) for 30 hrs in hospital. It's all over now; the only side effect that I have is that I still sleep about ten hrs most nights, and occasionally need a nap during the day. But that's just about over. I was told it takes about six weeks to heal completely from the radiation, and that'll be next Wednesday - hooray!!! My other good news is that I've worked at losing weight - as this can be connected with endo ca, and I've lost 54 lbs so far.

I'm taking Megace which is an artificial progesterone, and works at preventing the endo ca "bugs" from "lighting" anywhere in me. I had some endometriosis left on the right side, so the Dr. wanted to be very aggressive with my treatment.

Everyone will tell you that the waiting is the worst part - and they're telling you the absolute truth. As I have the same type (or should I say had?--hopefully - gyn/onc visit on the 29th), please feel absolutely free to contact me anytime. Unfortunately, the Drs and their staff don't have the time to really go over everything, and I know it can help to have someone to "compare notes" with.

You'll be in my thoughts and prayers. Let me know when you're having your surgery, okay?

Mindy
Unread 10-20-2001, 10:29 AM
Endometrial cancer stage 1

Hi, I just joined because I was looking for others who also have had this type of cancer.

I had surgery on September 11, 2001. I am almost 6 weeks post-op.

First let me tell you that I was afraid of 2 things. Surgery and Cancer. I now have had both. I was devastated from the news. It took me a long time to get accustomed to the idea of having cancer and surgery.

It has changed my life. I feel like I won the lottery. The most important thing is I feel like each day is a gift. I am happy to be alive. :-)

I would be happy to share my experience with you if you think it might be helpful. Write to me any time.

A positive attitude is essential.

Hugs!
Unread 10-21-2001, 02:57 PM
HUGS to all!

Hello Dear Sisters -
Reading through your posts, I "flashed back" to two years ago as I was starting down the same road you are travelling. A long and winding road - sometimes lonely, sometimes scary. But always there was a friendly, caring "ear" here at HysterSisters.
I can hardly believe it's been OVER two years since my surgery - TAH/BSO with omentectomy and about a billion mini-biopsies throughout my abdomen looking for cancer dustbunnies. I'm feeling great and honestly can say I don't think about being a cancer survivor every day anymore. In fact, sometimes two or three days go by and I never give cancer a thought at all. Usually when I do think about it, it's to figure out ways to raise money for the American Cancer Society's Relay for Life...involvement in this fundraiser was one very positive, active step I took in fighting the battle.
I guess I just wanted to reach out and give each of you a big cyberHUG and let you know you can get through this...Keep a positive outlook, allow yourself time to heal, and LIVE each day to the fullest. If you want to email me directly with questions, please do...
HUGS - Molly

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register