tension free sling problem | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Pelvic Floor and Bladder Issues

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

tension free sling problem tension free sling problem

Unread 06-05-2010, 07:34 PM
Unhappy - tension free sling problem tension free sling problem

I had a tension free sling placed almost four weeks ago. I had a suparpubic cath for 8 days and now have to cath at least once each day. Does anyone one how long it takes for normal voiding to return? I am nervous and worried about this procedure and long term effects.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-07-2010, 07:33 PM
Re: tension free sling problem

estes--

There really isn't a timeline for this. For some people it's a day or two. For others it can be a week or two. For me, it was just under 2 days. (I hated it, of course.)

No one knows how long it will take for your body to react and get itself 'back in gear' to do what it's supposed to do.

Check in with your doctor often and make sure you get the checkups you need as soon as you are supposed to get them.

Unread 06-07-2010, 08:13 PM

Thank you. It has been very stressful to say the least.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-09-2010, 10:55 PM

I just had my 2 wk appt and the urologist told me that with time the bladder will settle down and remember its job--may be a few more days or a few more months. I am self cathing once a day(occassionally another time or two also)--in the AM when I first get up as my DB (dear bladder--lol) just can't cooperate in the morning--if I go longer than 2 hours without voiding the spasms get nasty and I can't go at all. Just give yourself some time--try to drink plenty, avoid bladder irritants like caffeen, citrus jucies, spicy foods, alcohol, etc... Then also try to extend the time between voidings even if its only by a few minutes. You may also want to ask your MD about medications to help your bladder behave itself.

Good lick and happy healing.
C
Unread 06-10-2010, 09:57 AM

My surgery was four weeks ago. I hope you are right and it will settle down and finally work. I throught it had settled a few days ago when I "went" in the morning and that day and the next I seemed to go all the time but the third day I had to cath and went 1000cc which is too much for one time. I have to cath each morning and sometimes at night so I am not sure what to do. I have a dr. appointment next week so will discuss where I am. I feel the urge to go but just cannot. Anyone out there been where I am presently in my healing?
Thank you for replying.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register