3 month cancer check/4 mo. post-op | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

3 month cancer check/4 mo. post-op 3 month cancer check/4 mo. post-op

Unread 10-17-2001, 03:34 PM
3 month cancer check/4 mo. post-op

Hi everyone! I just went through my 3 month cancer checkup, and on the 20th of this month I am 4 months post op. My doctor visit today was a very frightening ordeal. I was waiting to hear that my cancer had recurred. The cancer I have is granulosa cell tumor, and they removed both ovaries. The diagnosis of cancer after surgery was very scary, but the first checkup is mind wretching for me. My dear doctor said all was well, and my CA-125 came back at 11. He did an internal, and I need a pap every three months for the next 2 years, with blood tests, the CA-125, and then they are adding a serum marker test which I am not familiar with. My doc said he wished he could give me a magic bullet to get through better, mentally with having to be rechecked every three months, but he can't. He feels with each checkup that it will get easier. I hope he is right.

So, for this three month patch, I AM CANCER FREE! I know that I will be holding my breath in 3 month intervals, but I know I can do it. Wishing all my hyster sisters good health.....

:eagle:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-17-2001, 03:48 PM

Woohoo!!!

Great news Jean!! We sure love to hear about these great 3 month checks. They are scary aren't they? I have one on Nov. 2nd, then I start every 4 months, and then I guess next year its every 6 months...those will be super scary!!
I asked my oncologist if they get easier and he says they really do. hmmm wonder if he thought I meant easier for him....
I hope you plan to celebrate this wonderful news with something special for yourself!! You deserve it!!
Hugs,
Maria
Unread 10-17-2001, 04:47 PM

Hi Jean I am just finishing chemo for ovarian cancer. And then starting those
every three month checkups. I can appreciate the anxiety they cause. I am hoping
to live fully for two and one half months before the intense worry starts. My
role models from this site will be holding my hand in cyperspace. Glad to hear
you made out so well. What a relief!!!!! Carefree holidays coming your way.
xooxoxkarenann ovcaIII
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-17-2001, 05:00 PM

Hi Jean , I am so happy that your checkup went well. I know too the anxiety of waiting for each checkup. My next one is Nov 22. It is the pits that we have to live with this but what can we do? I constantly have anxiety attacks about the cancer still being there. If your Dr happens to find that magic bullet , will you ask him to send one to me, I sure could use it Well, Jean it was great to hear from you and I hope all goes well continually for you. Much love always x x x
Unread 10-22-2001, 05:33 AM

This is great news! Cancer Free!! Something to truly celebrate!!
Please don't worry about the 3 month testing. It will get to be routine and less worrisome as the time goes on. Remember, this is a precaution and if you didn't do this, you would worry that you didn't KNOW if something came back or not.
Unread 10-23-2001, 09:40 PM

{{Jean}}

What wonderful news!!!! I just love to hear those "little" numbers!

I am getting ready for my 3 month check coming up next month too. After finishing the chemo I was a chicken and just couldn't go more than a month without getting the levels checked. I had to go in anyway to get the port flushed out so while I was there I also had them draw the blood work.

After 6 months of good results and getting the port out, this is my first time of going longer than a month. It wasn't really so bad of a wait (getting a little bit more nervous as it gets closer though), I think I was so sick of Dr's appointments by this time I was ready for a break!

You're absolutely right! You CAN do this, we'll all be here for you every step of the way! Keep us posted on how you're doing when you can, we love to hear the updates.

{{Hugs}}

Vicki
Unread 10-31-2001, 04:50 PM
Thanks sisters

Just wanted to thank everyone who answered and celebrated my good news with me. I know several of you have checkups in the next few weeks. You will be in my thoughts and prayers, and when the good news comes, we can celebrate together. Wishing you all good health.....Jean

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register