Integrative Hormone Therapy/Aging Therapy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > Natural Meno Post Hysterectomy - Kept Ovaries

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Integrative Hormone Therapy/Aging Therapy Integrative Hormone Therapy/Aging Therapy

Unread 06-16-2010, 05:07 PM
Integrative Hormone Therapy/Aging Therapy

Have any of you ladies gone to one of the Integrative hormone/aging therapy type clinics? I just found out my gyn also does this at another location, which might explain why I haven't gotten good results in her office with HRT. She charges $395 for a consult on Bioidenticals and nutritional support.

I am assuming that these clinics opening up are focused more on the overall health and wellbeing of patients, but not sure whether to go or not. I feel at this point that it is hopeless getting my primary care doctor to take my symptoms seriously.

I had them fax my latest lab work, which they said was "normal"....when I looked at the results, I had a low thyroid reading, low testosterone, and high cortisol....with all my major fatigue symptoms, body temp fluctuations and immune system/allergy type problems, those readings would mean something.....either they didn't see what I saw was flagged on the report, or they ignore it....

Has any of you benefitted from one of these integrative therapy clinics?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-17-2010, 01:54 PM
Re: Integrative Hormone Therapy/Aging Therapy

Wow! That sounds like alot of money for an initial consult. It probably doesn't include bloodwork and meds or supplements. I think if something is very expensive and sounds too good to be true it probably is.

Maybe you should seek another doctor's opinion. Not one that charges $400 for just a consultation.

Unread 06-18-2010, 03:34 PM
Re: Integrative Hormone Therapy/Aging Therapy

Kim, I am not sure what part of the country you are in, but I am in the southeastern part of VA., and the problem it seems is that there are not a lot of doctors on board for HRT of either bio identicals or synthetics. Many are simply not educated on the subject or have a vast amount of time devoted to the education of the side effects and benefits of either.

I guess that is why there have been some doctors who have seen the need for this kind of medicine/therapy. The initial consult of $395 does not include meds or supplements from what I understand. The lab work is obtained through your insurance however.

The worst part of this is that this woman is my gyn. And when I went to see her the last time, and tried to discuss options, I didn't get far. So my theory is that she is not going to give away information she can get paid more for.

Ordinarily I wouldn't consult someone like that, but this is a situation where I can see that in this area, in order to get some balance to your life, or even attempt to, you have to fork out money. There is no way around it. I have a primary care dr, who does extensive lab work, and then has the nurse to call and say, "normal"....when I asked them to fax me the lab work, I had several things flagged, as thyroid "L", cortisol "H", Testosterone, "L"....I have been talking to this same doctor for over 2 years about thyroid symptoms, and each time they did the test it came back normal according to them, and I never actually saw the test until this last time.

So that is just a bit of what it's like to navigate the system here. I believe that any "L" or "H" flag on lab work needs attention. Otherwise it wouldn't be there. When a patient has symtpoms, and it gets flagged, it should be significant.

I have often said, if my health can improve by another approach, it is priceless to me, I will go without something else to afford feeling better if that is possible. And all I have to lose at this point is maybe $500 to see if a new approach works better. If it doesn't then I can try the traditional route again and hope I can get someplace.

When you have so little energy that you can't even shop at walmart, you know you need to do something different. There are no easy answers from what I can see.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register