Question about post-op incision care | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Question about post-op incision care Question about post-op incision care

Unread 06-17-2010, 07:11 AM
Question about post-op incision care

Hello, everyone.
I've got a question about post-op incision care for those that may have had previous weight loss surgery or someone who lost a lot of weight dealing with belly overhang.

I have a little overhang, I've since gained some weight back so it's not as bad, but I am concerned if this will interfere with my healing process. I'm sure the doc will talk about it at my Pre-op appointment next Wednesday, but I'd like to hear from someone with personal experience.

Any tricks to keep the area cleaner without having to lay on my back for weeks on end?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-18-2010, 09:27 PM
Re: Question about post-op incision care

Iheartmonkees,

You have a good question. Have you searched for the topic in previous threads? You can use the search feature in the upper right of this page.

I had a LSH with no incision, wish I could help. Maybe someone will come along with some suggestions.

Best wishes.

Unread 06-19-2010, 07:27 AM

I have that blasted overhang and have had incisions from previous abdominal surgeries... best thing I did was to keep changing the dressing so that sweat build up in the dressing wouldn't be so bad and to clean it daily. When I would lay down (or even sit down) I would use a firm pillow to keep the movement of my overhanging belly to a minimum (I sooo wish I could get the swelly belly support belt offered here! Maybe that would be a great investment for you!) My incision scars are barely visible so that's good! I had more problems with incisions from my breast reduction (have lots of scarring there ) than I did my abdominal incisions.

But that was what I did. I stress to be sure to ask your doctor about it. Good luck and God bless!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-19-2010, 07:56 AM

I had a problem with my csection got so infected. This time for my hysterectomy I bought cotton underwear , dial (gold)soap that what I cleaned my incision with and after I got out the shower took a blow dryer on cool. This time no infections going on 2weeks now.
Hope this helps
Love lenala
Unread 06-21-2010, 03:20 PM

The main thing is to keep it dry. I used a clean, dry washcloth because it was smaller and easier to handle and just patted it dry after a shower and usually again before I went to bed. Have used the hairdryer on low too, that works really well. I'm 7 weeks out and haven't had any problems.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register