Leg cramps/aches | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > Hormone and Menopause Central

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Leg cramps/aches Leg cramps/aches

Unread 06-18-2010, 10:38 AM
Leg cramps/aches

Hi.
I'm thinking this might be hormonally related? Well, that and maybe my lack of inactivity for the past few weeks of recovery, but my legs just ACHE, all day.
I just started .1 Vivelle about 2 weeks ago. Is low estrogen a cause of muscle aches? Will I just need to give the Vivelle more time? If any of you experience this, what do you do for relief.
Thanks for any help!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-18-2010, 04:33 PM
Re: Leg cramps/aches

I started with it at 3 months post op. I went to my GP today and he told me mine was the fact that I have degenerative joint disease and to start taking my Celebrex again. I don't agree with him since I see so many women having the same problem. I don't know what to do now.

I opted to skip HRT and do this whole menopause thing on my own. Added extra calcium, vit d and estroven.
Unread 06-23-2010, 05:14 PM

Hey Bev, any relief?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-23-2010, 08:19 PM

It seems to be getting better. I take 2 aleve when I feel my legs starting to ache and that seems to help for the most part. I'm hoping if I can get some walking on my treadmill in that will help also.
Unread 06-23-2010, 08:55 PM

Hi Kari!

There may certainly be many different possible causes of the symptoms you describe. For me, personally, a change in weather often causes me to experience "aches and pains" in my legs...from thighs to calves. This phenomenon commenced for me decades before my TAH/BSO but has intensified in recent years. I don't know if the surgery has anything to do with it getting worse; in my case, it could be my advanced age.

Tylenol works well for me in alleviating the discomfort and the symptoms usually pass within a few days.

s,
Unread 07-18-2010, 10:58 AM

Hey there.. I am only 4 weeks out but had horrible leg cramps-- and would keep me up all night and so sore thru the day from cramping all night... A friend of mine recommended an herbal form of magnesium that she used during pregnancy. So out of depseration I tried it. And Praise GOD it works.. I make it as directed then put in some crystal light to drink it--My friend used Hot tea but I do not drink hot tea. It is called Natural Calm- Good luck and hope it helps.. LAVH/BSO
Unread 07-22-2010, 10:27 AM

I am having these issues too. My doc cut my patch dose in half and I had some relief and now it is back again. I truly believe it is because of the estrongen balance. I also am having bad headaches and am so bloated I feel like I would pop like a balloon and fly all over the place! I am 53 and had everything removed. It is quite miserable. I have called the doc again to see if it needs to be cut back even more.
Unread 07-22-2010, 05:44 PM

I am not sure whether you ladies have ever heard of a supplement for "circulation & vein support for healthy legs", I just started taking it recently because I also have achy calves, I also had calf surgery 18 months ago for a problem and thought it would help that, but I ordered this from the home shopping network to see if it would help some of the achiness.....the ladies that sell this stuff swear on it, as they say they stand all day....it is made by a reputable company, All-Solar.....

you can go to the website at hsn.com and put in Dr. Andrew Lessman, and their supplements will come up.....and it will tell you when the product will air again, so that you can hear some of what they offer....I also had ordered their Vit. D3 and found it easy to take....

I have been able to see a difference in taking this, my feet don't seem to ache as much either.....I am on the vivelle dot....not sure if this is what the ache is all about, or if after a certain age, we just have reduced circulation in our legs.....

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register