Hromones are going crazy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > Hormone and Menopause Central

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hromones are going crazy Hromones are going crazy

Unread 06-18-2010, 02:45 PM
Hromones are going crazy

Hi, my name is Dawn and I am 32 years old. I had my hysterectomy a year and 5 months ago. I had my last ovary frmoved 2 weeks ago yesterday. I havent felt right since. I am on the .1 vivelle estrogen patch. I have been on it since I left the hospital. They put one on me in the hospital before I left. Anyways, what I was going to ask is should I still have hot flashes? Also I am just so wore out. I can do something as easy as eating breakfast and I am wore out. I called the doctors office today about it and they told me to try a vitamin with iron in it. I just wonder if my thyroid is low. My psychiatrist checked it two months ago and it was on the low side of good. So he is suppossed to check it again in another month. I just cant stand how I feel. I have six children tha tare young and I need to have energy for them and I just dont right now. Also I have been having a bunch of headaches. And I have had sex and I am very dry. Anyways, I am sorry for venting.

Thank you,

Dawn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-18-2010, 08:10 PM
Re: Hromones are going crazy

Hi

1) Hot flashes are caused by hormone fluctuations. Our bodies store estrogen while we still have our ovaries. When our ovaries are removed, then our bodies will use up the stored estrogen. So, until that supply is used up, no matter what HRT you are using, there is a chance of hot flashes.

2) A "normal" thyroid level on any test, is what is normal for the average person. So, you can fall within the established normal ranges, and still be low or high for you.

You might want to check with an endocrinologist for testing. They are the hormone experts, and thyroid is a hormone.

3) Estrogen and thyroid, both being hormones, have an affect on each other, especially when one is lowered or raised. It takes someone very knowledgeable in endocrinology to get these balanced sometimes. You don't necessarily need an endocrinologist, but someone with a good interest in learning and keeping up with endocrinology.

Now, you have had 2 surgeries in 5 months. I was easily tired for a fulll year after my hysterectomy. You have 2 surgeries to recover from, and your Dr seems to have reason to suspect that you might be anemic, since she told you to take iron supplements.

I would suggest that you find a Dr who is knowledgeable about surgical menopause and thyroid issues.

Take care of yourself, get plenty of rest and water. It is still important.

Kay

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register