So confused! HELP! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > Hormone and Menopause Central

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

So confused! HELP! So confused! HELP!

Unread 06-20-2010, 03:54 PM
So confused! HELP!

I go to the doctor tomorrow for my 2 week check. (a little late since I will be 3 weeks out on Tuesday) My doctor told me before surgery that he would look at my ovaries and if they needed to be removed due to endometriosis, he would do so. He said that he didn't think they would need to be removed but would be able to tell once he was in there. I went into surgery thinking that it was a possibility but wasn't going to happen. Call it denial I guess. Anyway, I woke up from surgery and asked DH if they had to take my ovaries. He said that they had to remove both due to bad endometriosis. I was a little out of it because I asked the nurse a few times and my husband a few more times. I thought it was all a dream. Gotta love the morphine fog that I was in. Anyway, my doctor prescribed an estrogen supplement to start right away. I did not do ANY research before surgery because I thought it was so far fetched that I would have my ovaries taken out. I am so confused on the different therapies and what is available. Please help! What is out there? What do you take? I am only 32 and going through surgical menopause now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-22-2010, 07:00 AM
Re: So confused! HELP!

ChubbyBunny,
I had a TAH/BSO on May 13th. I take Vivelle Dot .05. Some studies suggest a patch is safer. My Dr. suggests patch,spray or gel for ladies like us. I started hrt on the 1st of June. So far A-okay. I know there's some info(video) on this site regarding Vivelle. I believe if you go to hormone jungle articles there is a ton of info.Use your search tap. So sorry you got surprised. Hope you feel well soon.
Unread 06-22-2010, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChubbyBunny View Post
I go to the doctor tomorrow for my 2 week check. (a little late since I will be 3 weeks out on Tuesday) My doctor told me before surgery that he would look at my ovaries and if they needed to be removed due to endometriosis, he would do so. He said that he didn't think they would need to be removed but would be able to tell once he was in there. I went into surgery thinking that it was a possibility but wasn't going to happen. Call it denial I guess. Anyway, I woke up from surgery and asked DH if they had to take my ovaries. He said that they had to remove both due to bad endometriosis. I was a little out of it because I asked the nurse a few times and my husband a few more times. I thought it was all a dream. Gotta love the morphine fog that I was in. Anyway, my doctor prescribed an estrogen supplement to start right away. I did not do ANY research before surgery because I thought it was so far fetched that I would have my ovaries taken out. I am so confused on the different therapies and what is available. Please help! What is out there? What do you take? I am only 32 and going through surgical menopause now.
Sorry to hear about your surprise of having a BSO. I had my TAH/BSO on May 25th and I started the Premarin pill on May 29th. I only took 1 pill and discontinued it, because I had terrible symptoms. Everyone is different, some women have no problem taking the Premarin. After the first pill I didn't take anything else until I saw my DR 10 days post-op to have my staples removed. During that office visit, I told my DR what had happened. He ended up putting me on Vivelle Dot Patch .05. I've been doing very well with this patch and haven't had any problems with it at all. There is a web site for Vivelle Dot where you can gather information. Just type vivelle dot in a search engine and you will be able to locate the web site. On the web site you can also download a form to take to the pharmacy along with the prescription from your DR and get a 1 month supply free of charge. I hope you're feeling much better soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-22-2010, 09:21 AM

Hi

Since you have endometriosis, your treatment options may be different than for those who don't have a history of it. If there was even a tiny speck of endo left behind (hidden somewhere) then estrogen can cause it to grow. Your Dr will take that into consideration when prescribing your HRT.

We have a forum here specifically for women with a history of endo. You can find it at this link Endometriosis Support. You will find other women there with your same issues, and can see how they are managing their HRT and endo regrowth concerns.

Kay

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register