I need a good stretch!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I need a good stretch!!! I need a good stretch!!!

Unread 06-24-2010, 10:02 AM
I need a good stretch!!!

Had my TAH (keeping ovaries) June 9th....and right now, what I miss most of all is stretching!! lol. I feel like i just want to stretch all my muscles at once...i know I can't, cause I'll probably pull something. Who else is in need a a good stretch??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-24-2010, 10:10 AM
Re: I need a good stretch!!!

I know what you feel. I finally was able to have baby stretches around week 3. FELT SO GOOD!!
Unread 06-24-2010, 11:00 AM

well I try to stretch one thing at a time......first my arm..then my other arm......then my leg...oops! That hurts, can't do my legs yet!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-24-2010, 11:20 AM

i remember that feeling!! now, at 4 weeks post-op, i've graduated from baby stretches to toddler to junior stretches. still haven't had the all-out full-body stretch, but i have no doubt it'll be here soon. i can now stretch both legs in bed when i wake up in the morning, at the same time, just gently so. you'll get there, just be patient. start with the little stretches of one part of the body at a time, or one leg at a time, and take it easy...feels so good, but you're right, don't want to overdo just yet...

i think i went over 7 days without a good yawn...ah, what i'd give for an all-out stretch along with a eye-watering, yawn, and arms stretched wide -- that'll be the day!!
Unread 06-24-2010, 12:11 PM

What's really scary is when I am half awake and start to do a back stretch before rolling over to get out of bed. Yikes, that hurts, especially on my left side. Weird thing is nothing hurts on my right side; it is all on my left side. Haven't attempted a full stand up stretch yet; the ones I do in bed without realizing it are enough for right now.
Anyone else who had TAH have pain on only 1 side?
Unread 06-24-2010, 12:33 PM

Yes me! I had my TAH keeping ovaries june 9th......and its my left side that hurts too. Weird huh? Mine is like a constant ache, but goes away mostly when I take advil.
Unread 06-24-2010, 12:44 PM

I also had a TAH on May 21 (kept ovaries), but my left side is definitley more tender. is this normal??
Unread 06-24-2010, 12:50 PM

Another June 9th sister here and all I can say is ME TOO ME TOO!

I am such a wiggler and not being able to stretch is making me all the more antsy. I can *sometimes* get a decent baby stretch while in bed but other than that, I don't dare.

someday....
Unread 06-24-2010, 03:38 PM

I can do some stretching. One night I stretched without thinking...It felt good in my back but my right side hurt so bad it brought tears to my eyes and naproxen to my mouth. My right side hurts more than my left. I have a heavy feeling in my right side. I can't sleep on that side at all. I'm going to ask my doctor about it next week.
Unread 06-24-2010, 04:51 PM

I just wish my doctor's appointment was sooner, I'll be going right on my six week post opp check point. Im only 2 weeks out right now. I wonder if I went to the ER, if they would be able to examine me? Anyone done this? My doc is so busy, I doubt I could get in to see him any sooner.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register