Ideas to help relax us all--movies? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces > Review It!

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Ideas to help relax us all--movies? Ideas to help relax us all--movies?

Unread 06-29-2010, 09:52 AM
Ideas to help relax us all--movies?

It seems like everyone here is like me and worried, so perhaps a post about something fun is in order.

How about some good comedy movie suggestions to take our minds off things?

I would suggest The Survivors.....with Robin Williams and Walter Mattheau from the 80's. It also has Jerry Reed in it who is at his very best. Slapstick humor and one liners at its best. I hadn't heard about this movie until my husband brought it home when the movie store was out of everything we wanted. We laughed until our stomachs hurt...it was before Robin Williams went over the top crazy.

LL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-29-2010, 10:01 AM
Re: Ideas to help relax us all--movies?

I will totally check that out tonight I love 80s movies .. I cant think of any special suggestions of the top of my head other than maybe "planes trains and automobiles " lol just one of my fave 80s movies in general .. But I know one movie to NOT WATCH do not watch PIXARS UP ! we watched it monday hoping for a light hearted comedy ( I thougnt it was directed at kids ) I was expexting something cute with a few laughs and some awe moments .. NOT THE CASE ! its so sad and deals with not being able to have children ( so not what i was expecting ) i spet the majority of the movie craying hysterically !

trust me seeng a cartoon go thru this and feel the same was Im feeling only made it worse
Unread 06-29-2010, 10:08 AM

We LOVE Planes, Trains, and Autos.....when John Candy backed into the motel room, looks back and goes "HUhhh" I lose it every time.

You will love The Survivors, my husband laughed so hard at Robin Williams and Jerry Reed's exchange in the snow that he almost had an asthma attack.

Another good one is It's Complicated with Alec Baldwin and Meryl Streep. Very funny stuff.

LL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-29-2010, 10:19 AM

lol I love its complicated ! to .. omg when Maryl tells the doc ( in the hotel ) that "she prefers alot of sperm " I just lost it lmao ! I think I missed the next 10 min of the movie because I was still laughing so hard about that part
Unread 06-29-2010, 10:28 AM

"THOSE AREN"T PILLOOOWS!!" I love Planes/ Trains too!
I agree with UP ViolentJayne! I cryed so hard throughout that whole movie!! It was so depressing!!

These are the ones I watch over and over: (remember to use a pillow to hug your belly if you are post op!! Belly laughing can get ouchy!!

The Producers with Nathan Lane and Matthew Broderick.....hilarious...and a wonderful musical too!

The Money Pit--Tom Hanks and Shelly Long-if you have ever done any remodeling...don't miss it!!

What about Bob?=Bill Murray and Richard Dryfuss
"I NEED...I NEEEEED...GIMMIE,GIMMIE,GIMMIE"

Analyze This, Analyze That, Meet the Fockers

Spaceballs, Caddyshack, Stripes, Blazing Saddles, The Princess Bride (am I showing my age yet??

Thanks for this thread! I am going to go take a shower, take a little walk and then pop in a movie!! Perfect afternoon for a Princess!
Unread 06-29-2010, 10:50 AM

Planes Trains and Automobiles is classic.
Our family has a few favorites that we quote almost on a daily basis:

Bringing Down the House (Steve Martin)
Mickey Blue Eyes (Hugh Grant)
National Lampoon's Vacation (Chevy Chase)
The Great Outdoors (John Candy/Dan Ackroyd)

and my sentimental favorite which I could watch every day: You've Got Mail!

Here's to laughs!!
Unread 06-29-2010, 11:01 AM

What was with UP? I fall asleep during it all the time but come on. Has anyone noticed that ALL kids movies either have self pity or tragedy at the center---and don't get me started on all the M. Night Shyamalan nursery rhymes. Freddie Kruger couldn't make some of them up.

But please please please someone go out and rent The Survivors. Everyone I told about that movie has loved it.

LL
Unread 06-29-2010, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaLouey View Post
But please please please someone go out and rent The Survivors. Everyone I told about that movie has loved it.
LL
I just checked Netflix and unfortunately cannot put The Survivors in my instant queue. I am adding to our list of send in the mail though!! I like movies that Hubby and I can watch together.
Chick Flick/Steven Segal we each have to watch separately!!

My all time favorite Romance: Shakespeare in Love
Loved You've got Mail too!

Jody
Unread 06-29-2010, 12:09 PM

I finally broke down and subscribed to Netflix during my recovery. Best thing I've done for myself in a long time. I have the ones my husband would like sent to us so we can watch together, all the other guilty pleasures i watch instantly on my own. A real treat. And i agree with you about Shakespeare in Love. Can't wait to see It's Complicated. And i really enjoyed Julie and Julia. Even my husband enjoyed it.
Unread 06-29-2010, 12:23 PM

I second Julie and Julia.

Had to put It's Complicated on the mail me list too!

All mail me movies are behind all 6 DVD's of Queer as Folk though. Just saw the Pilot (episodes 1,2,3) HILARIOUS!!
Have always wanted to see it because my FAVORITE comedian, Hal Sparks is the narrator/lead actor. Even though our best friend of 20 years is gay...there is NO WAY IN @#** that my husband would even consider watching this show. EVER!! It's quite ummm...graphic in the relationship department!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register