removal of patch leaves a frame... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > Hormone and Menopause Central

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

removal of patch leaves a frame... removal of patch leaves a frame...

Unread 06-30-2010, 04:26 PM
removal of patch leaves a frame...

Not sure how to describe it other than a frame. When I change my patch, the one i remove leaves this frame on my skin, kind of like get around the edges of a bandaid....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-30-2010, 04:38 PM
Re: removal of patch leaves a frame...

LoveTheOcean, since the HRT patch/dot is like a bandaid, you will always have the'dirt' mark around it when you remove it. I just scrub it the dirt residue in the shower with a washcloth or sponge (loofah) and it's gone. When you move the patch from left to right side you never use the exact same location and you're free to scrub it.
Unread 06-30-2010, 04:49 PM

ahh, i figured as much. thanks! It is not a big deal, just something i noticed. I like that it is so small...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-30-2010, 06:31 PM

Hi,

There is a product you can get from the pharmacist. I got mine at Walmart. It will easily remove the adhesive residue without the scubbing. After a while, the scrubbing gets old. It is a little pricey, and since it has been a while since I have used patches, I'm afraid I don't remember what it is called. However, the bottle lasted for over a year. It only takes a small amount on a cotton ball.

Just ask any pharmacist for a product that removes patch adhesive. They keep it behind the counter....at least they do here.

Kay
Unread 06-30-2010, 08:34 PM

Easy to remove after a shower, or hold ice cube to the area, and it rubs right off.
Unread 06-30-2010, 10:27 PM

i use baby oil gel...then it comes right off in the shower
Unread 07-03-2010, 01:55 PM

I think the product that Kay is thinking of is called Detachol. That's what I use...it's OTC but I found that my local pharmacies didn't carry it...they had to order it. Apparently it's something used a lot in Pediatric patients so it's good for sensitive skin, too. I have hyper sensitive skin and it's never bothered me. It was about $18 and so far I've been using that same bottle for just at 2 years. It only takes a little. It's sort of like a skin-grade Goo-Gone....I've found that it's better to use it before a shower and then wash off any residue with soap and water. Works great without a lot of scrubbing!
Unread 07-07-2010, 05:39 PM

I get the same thing
Any oil will remove the "glue" even olive oil and you don't need much.
Unread 07-14-2010, 07:59 AM

I FOUND A WONDERFUL SOLUTION TO THIS!!! Last time I was at my dr I was complaining about that ring left by the patch and he said "Oh... we have an easy fix for that". He gave me an individual packet of a small gauze presoaked in something that EASILY takes that stupid ring off without leaving so much as a mark or red skin (no scrubbing involved!). It is called Triad Adhesive Tape Remover Pads and I order mine through Amazon.com, but have seen them elsewhere on the internet and even at Walgreens or CVS sometimes. They made my life SOOOO much easier!!!!
Unread 07-17-2010, 03:14 PM

Oh, I'm so excited to look into both the Detachol and the Triad Adhesive Tape Remover Pads!

I've tried various oils and soaps and stuff, but nothing has made that big of a difference. I'm constantly breaking the skin around where I put my (Climara) patches with all that annoying scrubbing and those areas tend to take awhile before completely healing. And because of this, I'm often a scabby, red mess over much of my lower abdomen and backside and have trouble finding a good place for the next patch.

Thanks so very much for the helpful and awesome suggestions!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register