vaginal pressure/bladder pressure | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

vaginal pressure/bladder pressure vaginal pressure/bladder pressure

Unread 07-07-2010, 10:26 AM
vaginal pressure/bladder pressure

hi!

i am 4 weeks post op. had TAH and right SO on 6/7/10(left SO in 2/09).

i,ve been a little concerned about the pressure i've been feeling just in the last week or so in vagina. also, have noticed alot of painful pressure in the same area when my bladder is full. i really don't think i have a UTI, but also, at times have pressure and discomfort when urinating.

i have been as careful as possible as far as my activities. am not bleeding.

can anyone help me out here? or has anyone experienced the same? i go back to doctor on 7/15
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-07-2010, 08:37 PM
Re: vaginal pressure/bladder pressure

I am 6wks post-op, and have been feeling pinching pain at times, and especially when my bladder is full. I have assumed that this is my bladder or other internal tissues rubbing against the top of my cervix, or if you had your cervix removed, your vaginal cuff?

I haven't talked to my doctor about it, but it made sense to me to explain it to myself that way.

I have also been careful, and had no bleeding.

Sorry I couldn't help more, but I do know that the discomfort/pain, at least in my case, has decreased significantly as the healing has progressed.
Unread 07-07-2010, 09:42 PM

I am having a similar experience and just today googled UTI symptoms. It doesn't sound like I have a UTI. I have an appointment with my doctor tomorrow and will ask her about this. If I learn anything that I think will be helpful, I will share it with you tomorrow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-07-2010, 10:05 PM

I've had that same experience too! I was convinced I had a UTI but it decided against that because of lack of other symptoms. It was especially bad my first 3 weeks post-op. I asked my onc/gyn about it and he said that is very common. He said he used to always order tests but they always came back negative. He said that since I wasn't healed inside, the bladder was probablly pressing on "tender" spots (not his words but my interp.). He told me to give it another 2 to 3 weeks and I should see an improvement. And...he was right! I'm now 4 1/2 weeks post-op (total hyst including cervix, ovaries, and tubes) and the pain is nearly gone - only occasional twinges when I need to void my bladder. Hope this helps.
Unread 07-08-2010, 02:16 AM

I am 4 weeks post op today and still having these problems...my doctor said it could be a Uti and prescribed a antibiotic but after the meds am still feeling this way and I dont see my doctor til the end of the month...it is about to drive me crazy because sometimes I cant even urinnate until I feel like I am about to bust...I thought I was the only one going through this...
Unread 07-08-2010, 05:05 AM

I too have this, my dr said its from the trauma of having the surgery Things definately did get jumbled around in our insides.

The actual healing process takes up to a year to fully heal, so problems like pressure, painful urination, even incontinence isnt uncommon for us women..hope I was able to help a bit
Unread 07-08-2010, 05:53 AM

Thanks for your feedback deboreb and allopez76. It's very reassuring! And it helps to know that this is not uncommon. I'm noticing that my stitches are starting to dissolve and am wondering if there is a relationship to these sensations as well - perhaps there's more pressure now that the stitches aren't holding things in place to the same extent as before.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register