What is this pelvic floor pain and pressure | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What is this pelvic floor pain and pressure What is this pelvic floor pain and pressure

Unread 07-12-2010, 08:24 PM
What is this pelvic floor pain and pressure

Surgery was 7 months ago - TAV, kept my ovaries.

Almost no pain post surgery. Back to work in 10 days (desk job) with some limitations. Felt pretty good.

HOWEVER what the heck is this pain and feeling that things are falling out?

The pain seems to be deep inside my vagina, possibly the cuff?, but radiates to what feels to be my rectum and/or perineum/pelvic floor.

I have been doing a lot of extra stuff around the house since being laid off from my job 8 weeks ago.

Last night was a total disaster. Hubby and I tried to have sex. Up until lately we've had very few issues. I felt the fullness/discomfort earlier in the day but we went ahead. No pain initially then all of the sudden with no warning this cramping hit me and then my rectal/pelvic floor and deep inside my vagina and the pain was so bad that I had to take vicodin. It felt like labor pains as is came is waves. It was awful. I'm still sore today

Anyone else have this happen?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-12-2010, 08:43 PM
Re: What is this pelvic floor pain and pressure

I had TVH 3 months ago and I know exactly the pain you are describing. I can't really figure out where it is coming from since I had posterior repair too I think mine is coming from an the rectal incision area deep inside my vagina. Sometimes it is like a contraction and today it is a constant pain like the quick pain you feel when you have a pap smear. Everytime I start feeling better and lift or push anything slightly heavy I start hurting again and hurt for days on end. I am suffering right now from picking up a 24 pack of waters at the store. I have had granulation issues and don't think I am ever going to be well again. I feel like I may have messed up my repairs. I have a doctors appointment tomorrow to see.
Please take it easy. I don't think we will ever be able to lift anything heavy again.
Unread 07-12-2010, 09:09 PM

Hi Ladies I'm having the same issues I hate to even tell my doctor the last time I seen her I told her about my pelvic pain and she looks at me like I'm crazy! I am almost 8 weeks post op and I still feel no where near my normal self please let me know what your doc says..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-12-2010, 10:45 PM

I thought my doctor was kidding me last week after surgery when he told me no lifting anything for a year. I guess he was serious

this is going to be a long recovery
Unread 07-12-2010, 11:09 PM

Uhm I know EXACTLY how you feel! 7 months for me too( tlh) and pain/discomfort free recovery. Then about a month ago I started noticing pressure feeling in where I think my vaginal cuff would be! Not constant, but enough to annoy me. I completely understand the " something about to fall out" feeling you're describing... What is it?! My dr is puzzled and tells me everything looks great and healed well! I swear he thinks it's in my head...I have not changed my daily routine In any way, no new exercises, no heavier than usual lifting... I also get a weird " itchy" feeling right around my vaginal cuff as well. Seriously what could be causing that at 7 months post op? Any thoughts? And I just had my dr check me for any possible yeast strains, bacterial infections and even STDs! All clear... Hmmm
Unread 07-13-2010, 09:32 AM

In my case the pain that I felt coming from that area was an abcess behind my colon sac.
Unread 07-13-2010, 10:20 AM

What caused the abscess behind your colon shavon2010? Did they tell you?
How was it taken care of?
Unread 07-13-2010, 10:52 AM

Not sure what caused it. I think I had an infection before I left the hospital because I had a low grade fever and stayed extra days in the hospital after my hyst. but no they did not tell me.
I had to have another surgery to have it removed. I was in PAIN and when I went for my check up my doctor I was in tears by the time the doctor saw me and he admitted me in the hopsital and I had surgery the next day.
Unread 07-13-2010, 10:41 PM

Thanks for the replies, ladies.

I am STILL really sore. I tried to take it easy today thinking I'd overdone it this past week. Didn't get the chance

Today, it feels like I am 4 months pregnant the way my abdomen wants to "pull" away. I didn't know anything about lifting restrictions forever. Huh? Now I am wondering if I might have damaged myself with my painting projects???? Oh no.
Unread 07-14-2010, 10:01 AM

I am in my 9th week and have the exact feelings some of you do. I am getting discouraged. Of course the "pain" is nothing like it was the first 3 weeks but I thought I would be saying "wow I am so glad I had a TVH cause now life is sweet. I had so many women tell me how much better that I would feel and how glad they were to have a hysterectomy. I feel relieved to know that I am not the only one that is a slow healer. I feel the pain in my vagina like something is there but my doc says it all looks fine. I describe it as a dried out super tampon--remember how that felt? I also have stomach pains like I just did 100 situps.....and I have swelly belly in the late afternoon. As soon as I get home from work (a desk job) I rip off all my clothes and put on a moo-moo dress! I am very discouraged right now.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register