Test Results are in | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Test Results are in Test Results are in

Unread 07-15-2010, 11:06 PM
Test Results are in

I'm 47 and had no premenopausal symptoms. I've always been regular until around January when all of a sudden I started having periods every 3 weeks. Then, I didn't have a period for almost 2 months (took pregnancy tests just in case that were negative). In May, I started having a period that lasted all month. I finally scheduled an ob/gyn appt when I experienced very heavy clotting and bleeding for a period of about 1-2 hours one day toward the end of May. I had three more experiences like that where I bled profusely with clots for about 1-2 hours. I have had no cramps or other symptoms.

My period finally ended for two weeks and then started up again June 20 and has continued a mostly light flow for almost 4 weeks now with no sign of letting up. I went for an internal/external ultrasound three weeks ago. They found a small cyst on each ovary that the ob/gyn doesn't think is significant. The lining of my uterus however is over 17mm thick which is a real cause for concern.

Last week, I found out the results of the ultrasound and my ob/gyn did an endometrial biopsy in the office. I just found out tonight that the majority of the sample came back normal, but that there was clouding in some cells (does anyone know what that means?). With the continued bleeding, thickening of the uterine wall, and the large amount of tissue he was able to easily remove when he did the biopsy, my ob/gyn is still concerned and wants to do a D&C for further diagnosis.

Has anyone had this kind of problem? Can you share the result and what I could potentially be facing? I'd rather be ready for a worst case scenario than go into this clueless.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-15-2010, 11:25 PM
Re: Test Results are in

Worst case scenario is endometrial cancer, which is very curable when caught early. The other options include hyperplasia. There are a couple others I know even less about. But so far they didn't find cancer so don't put that at the top of the list. Mainly the options are most likely to be non malignant. Hopefully they can get enough tissue for a diagnosis. Try not to worry too much until you get the test results. I know that's hard. I hope it is the best diagnosis possible. Sending hugs.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register