Funny Things We Do Under Medication - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Funny Things We Do Under Medication Funny Things We Do Under Medication

Unread 07-19-2010, 03:48 PM
Re: Funny Things We Do Under Medication

LOL at some of the stories!!

The only thing I said was...
I tried to convince my DH and my nurse that I was in labor. I told them how long the contractions lasted and when my baby girl was crowning!
Yes, I did say it was a girl. My DH kept insisting that we couldn't have anymore children but I was sure that I was in labor. DH, nurse, and myself laughed about it later in the day before the nurse left for the night.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-19-2010, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly1857 View Post
LOL at some of the stories!!

The only thing I said was...
I tried to convince my DH and my nurse that I was in labor. I told them how long the contractions lasted and when my baby girl was crowning!
Yes, I did say it was a girl. My DH kept insisting that we couldn't have anymore children but I was sure that I was in labor. DH, nurse, and myself laughed about it later in the day before the nurse left for the night.

AT LEAST YOU HAD A GIRL!!! LOL~why would we be having "hallucinations" about being pregnant?? I was DONE with babies!!
Unread 07-19-2010, 04:05 PM

Don't have any funny stories to share, but thanks ladies for some good laughs!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-19-2010, 05:24 PM

Definitely some good laughs here. :-)

The only thing I did (that I remember) happened during the surgery. A couple of times I tried to take the oxygen mask off... the dr asked what was wrong and I said I needed to cough. After the 2nd time I did this, the dr said... you sure do need to cough a lot. :-)
Unread 07-19-2010, 05:43 PM

What a funny thread this is.
The only thing I remember is saying over and over again "I got to go pee" and the anesthesiologist saying "don't worry we'll put the catheter in."

It was however kind of weird to wake up with those leg pump things on - I remember wondering what was "under" my legs but didn't have strength to sit up and peak. When I found out what was on my legs the next morning it was a little weird.

The two friends who stayed all day at the hospital with me to be there when I woke up told me that I kept telling the doctor that I didn't want to see them. I love both of them dearly so I am not sure where that came from and I don't remember being asked if I was ready to see them.
Unread 07-19-2010, 06:26 PM

The one thing I remember or think I remember is while being wheeled down to the OR of course I had already been sneeked the "I don't care anymore juice" it seemed like everyone we passed had a silly grin on their face! And now I'm wondering did I have some stupid looking half grin on my face?! I think I was jabbering away about something, was asked to slide onto the table, heard the anesthesiologist laugh then lights out!
Unread 07-19-2010, 06:34 PM

Now that I think of it, I actually don't remember being rolled into the ER. However when they rolled my bed to my recovery room, along the way as we were riding I remember opening my eyes and thinking briefly to myself "oh they must be done."

I also wanted my bed driver to slow down a bit.
Unread 07-19-2010, 06:41 PM

As I was waking from anestesia I kept yelling I needed to poop and the nurses kept telling me that I didnt but I insisted I did, they did give me a bed pan but they were right I didnt have to go, after I was taken to my room for the night I was begging DH for some chocolate....I could barely keep my eyes open I would dose and wake up after about five mins ( I did this the rest of the night) I did wake up once with the melted chocolate dripping outta my mouth and my DH laughing at me Gotta love dilaudid, that stuff knocks me out!!!
Unread 07-19-2010, 06:43 PM

Don't feel too bad about the poop thing sbrooks! When my mom had her hyster, she kept saying the same thing, only really loud, and mean, and cursing, and then she'd pass back out. Boy, I felt bad for her nurses! Hahaha!
Unread 07-19-2010, 06:49 PM

Bwahahaha I didnt scream I was just mad that they didnt believe me, but they did know best cause it took me almost a week to actually "go" to the bathroom

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register