Sisters with endometrial cancer, please read - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Sisters with endometrial cancer, please read Sisters with endometrial cancer, please read

Unread 10-30-2001, 03:07 AM
jan.25th appt.

sereine, hi!

glad to hear you made that appt. hope your tests come

out o.k with no sign of cancer.

you won't be driving anyone here crazy. these ladies are great

and will help you through no matter what the outcome is.

i'm going to the castle 11/12, so i'm glad i have my date.

try not to think about it too much, i know it's easier said

than done. keep us all informed. we will be looking for your

posts.

keeping my fingers crossed 4 you

puppy2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-30-2001, 10:41 PM
thanks for support

I really appreciate you folks's help. I will just try to forget about it now until I can go see what it is.

A chow/german shepherd mix, huh? I bet she is pretty.

Take care, hope to see you in the chat room sometime!
Unread 10-31-2001, 05:16 PM
Sisters with endometrial cancer, please read

My symptoms were heavy bleeding with clots for many months. Just thought it was menopause starting. Also had constant back ache, but did not realize it was a symptom till after I had surgery. I stand and lift all day and thought the job was catching up with me.

My Dr. did ultrasounds, uterine biopsies and blood work and everything showed fine. When she did a D and C, the cancer showed up. A month later I had TAH/BSO. I cannot take HRT, but I am on a variety of supplements and vitamins.

Wishing you the very best news on Jan 25th!

{{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}

kaatie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-31-2001, 05:39 PM

Hey, thanks!! But you know how these doctor visits are. First you have a consultation, then they book you for a procedure in, oh, say 3 weeks ... then you have to wait for the results for, oh, say, 1 more week, then if ya gotta have more tests the same thing happens again ...

Don't ya just love the modern health care system?

Anyway, I know that I am going to have to be patient.
Unread 10-31-2001, 05:58 PM
early detection??????

HI SEREINE,

YOU HAVE TAKEN THE WORDS RIGHT OUT OF MY MOUTH , YOU ARE SO RIGHT WHEN YOU SAY WAIT. WAIT , WAIT, WAIT.
THE T.V AND RADIO AND EVERYONE IN THE WORLD TELLS YOU
( EARLY DETECTION) O.K, WHY NOT EARLY TREATMENT??
I SAW MY GYNE IN JULY, WELL, 1ST I MADE AN APPT. THEY CALLED
ME THE FOLLOWING WEEK AND CANCELLED. GAVE ME A NEW APPT. FOR 7/21/01.
GOT TO HER OFFICE AND WAITED OVER 1 HOUR. (APPT. NEEDED?)
GOT A PAP, WAITED 1 WEEK. GOT ABNORMAL RESULTS BUT NOT BAD.ANYWAY SHE THOUGHT ABOUT IT FOR A FEW MINUTES AND SAID " LET'S DO A D & C." OK. MAKE ANOTHER APPT. (3 WKS)
HAD D & C . WAITED 2-1/2 MORE WKS. TO FIND OUT I HAD ENDO C.
NOW THIS IS ALREADY SEPT. SHE REFERRED ME TO AN ONOCL.GYNE. BUT!! HAD TO MAKE APPT. 2-1/2 MORE WKS.
SAW HIM IN OCT. HE SAID" VERY EARLY STAGES BUT, I WILL BE GONE ON VAC. FOR A WEEK, MY OFFICE WILL CONTACT YOU WITH SURGERY DATE.
MY SURGERY DATE IS 11/12/01.
ALMOST 5 MOS. OF WAITING. I REALLY KNOW THE FEELING OF
WAIT, NO WONDER THEY TELL YOU TO SEE YOUR DR. EVERY YR.
IT TAKES THEM A 1/2 YR. TO TREAT YOU. DON'T FEEL ALONE.
I'M READY TO HAVE A NERVOUS BREAKDOWN ALREADY!
Unread 10-31-2001, 06:10 PM

Gawd, how awful! It's bad enough *imagining* something bad *might* be in there ticking away. But to *know* it's in there ticking away and still have to wait ... Geesh!!!

I have been having symptoms since Feb. By the time I see Dr. this will have been going on a year.

Hey, Puppy, we're in the chat room! come say hi!
Unread 10-31-2001, 06:16 PM

Hey Ladies,

I really know the waiting is really hard to take, but if its any consolation.......I would take that as a sign that you are in very early stage, which is good, and keep in mind an oncologists life is centered around diagnosing and treating cancer patients, and they see this everyday. So....if they are not rushing you through, than I think you can take some comfort in that, although I know that once we hear the "c" word, we just want to be rid of it.

I guess what I am rambling on and trying to say here is in my case, I went from first visit to the family doctor, through all the tests, to surgery in 14 days, and I did need treatment afterward. So....they know what can wait a bit, and what can't.

I don't know if this helps at all, but just felt compelled to post it!!
Hang in there ladies....
And by the wey Seriene, you are not driving us crazy, thats why we are here, to support you. My only wish is that every woman in the world going through this, could find this site! There is no doubt in any of our minds that this is hard, but its a bit easier when you have the support of people who have been through it.
Hugs to you all!!
Maria
Unread 10-31-2001, 06:21 PM

Thank you.

Appreciate it, gang. Really.
Unread 10-31-2001, 07:14 PM
complex atypical endometrial hyperplasia

My doctor visits would have moved a little faster, but I did some of the delaying of appointments. I started having problems with clotting right after Christmas of 1999, saw my Primary Care doctor (who I was getting my gyn care from since late 1980's) on 1/7/2000. He recommended seeing a gyn because I probably needed a D&C to find out what was going on. I thought it was menopausal because I was 51 when this started. I finally saw a gyn 2/21/2000. She wanted me to get a transvaginal ultrasound asap and then a D&C. I was getting ready to go to Florida on 2/25/2000 and couldn't get it scheduled at the hospital for an evening appointment until I returned. The doctor's office called while I was in Florida and left a message to call. I retrieved my messages from Florida and called her office. The doctor wanted to schedule my D&C for 3/13. I told the secretary/receptionist (?) that I was in Florida and would be coming home on 3/6, and there was no way I could schedule it that quick. I had the ultrasound (both types) done on 3/7/2000. I had my D&C done on 4/10/2000, and the doctor called me on 4/18/2000 to say I needed a hysterectomy because I had a "precancerous condition" (hyperplasia). I then made an appointment with another doctor for a second opinion as I heard there are too many hysterectomies done unnecessarily. The second doctor explained why I needed the surgery and I felt so good with him that I changed doctors. After my surgery (6/2/2000), he called and told me I had Stage Ib uterine cancer and Stage Ic ovarian cancer. Bottom line is that by removing the uterus, the uterine cancer was "cured" because the cancer was contained within the uterus. It was 1mm into the uterine wall and did not go further. The ovarian cancer was a different issue, but the good news was it was re-classified as "borderline" and I didn't need chemo. I go to my gyn every 3 months for 2 years for an exam. Then it will be every 6 months after the first two years for the next 10 years. I think it is a great trade-off for no chemo. I did a lot of reading when I was told about the hyperplasia. After the surgery, I concentrated on ovarian cancer literature, etc. I now am involved with the Ovarian Cancer National Alliance and recently attended an advocacy conference in Indianapolis, Indiana. If you, or anyone else, would like more information about this group, please write to me at [email protected].
Unread 10-31-2001, 09:11 PM
Hi Puppy 2!!!

Hi Puppy 2!! I needed a rest from the darling trick or treaters--- we had a light night... just local neighborhood kids down the road it was very cute....

I am one year post tah/bso with appendix for good measure... I too had Endometrial cancer stage one. I just want to send you lots of encouraging words tonight puppy I am certain you will weather this storm as I know your worry.... it is so normal... some days I was strong others I needed this site which I unfortunately didn't find until I was 2 months or so post and I still keep popping in now and then...thanks to all the wonderful hostesse's and Kathy....

I had a very conservative first GYN .... My only symptom following a normal menopause was periodic spotting as in pin dot size barely visable so I ignored it.... but did go in following my family Dr.s advice to have a biopsy (Gyn)----which showed benign hyperplasia with a typia cells... I was not told this could be the forerunner or if he did I missed it--I was kinda ignorant then...he just said everything else looked good and to come back for my annual checks.... oh yes he put me on provera for a short time also but I didn't want to take it for a long time---- things stopped spotting from time to time so I really put it on the back burner for a few years... I do remember having slight lower back pain but passed it off... I never had anything but this pin dot spotting off and on more off tha n on. I have always been active, and in great health... my pap tests were all normal....had some stress enter my life with my aging parent she being several states away ( things are better now)...who knows what stress can do?? HOwever she too had uterine cancer but she is soon to be 89.... and her surgery was over 20 yrs ago... wonder if that saying apple doesn't fall far from the tree is applicable

Returned to my Gyn for an annual and pap --everything normal but mentioned my spotting was still happening... said everything looked good sonnogram and pap.... didn't do a biopsy that time and it was a few months later that I had more color on my underwear and it scared me into action... decided to change Gyn best decision I made.... I had a bright red spot there... some lower back discomfort off and on... but that is about it.... I was worried... Second Gyn took a pap and biopsy same day waited for results.... which came back stating I needed a D& C and this might take care of it but it did not ---- it showed uterine cancer ( The Dr. was very insistant about having the surgery...so I wasted NO time....but they thought it early stage and scheduled me for surgery within 2 weeks!! Thank goodness not too much time to worry tOO much as I just got this feeling of BRAVENESS!!! I wanted it out as fast as possible.... my first ever surgery... I just want you to know I hope you have a nice support system in place this helps so much. Since it was my first ever surgery it was like an adventure... the nurses were great lots of empathy and this helps. I had complete faith in my GYN ..... I kept myself busy choosing several pretty cotton short gowns and those long comfy dresses to wear at home nooo waist bands etc.... bought ;EXXXX large cottom bloomers for comfort even thought I am not that size flavored chapstick helped me alot.. I had (matching) headbands yep helped for the mood for my hair which I felt made my hair look neater..... and slip in slippers were great.... Try and relax Puppy --- I got so laughter was the best medicine for me even though it is really nothing to laugh about ...does this make sense. You will do fine...besides having our little dog at home waiting for me sure put my mind at rest -- We are total dog lovers here tOO!!!!! He is a Lakeland Terrier--do you know what they look like....he is just like the dog in my signature here.... exactly!! They resemble Airedales but smaller... I hope to keep in touch with you ---we are here to share with you... I am approaching one and a half year now.... I still have my pap test every six months. At this early stage my prognosis was good --no chemo.. and I pray for your good outcome but have faith that if need be there is help.... Oh wanted to mention my incision was vertical so they could look around and it healed fine. Just remember to take it very easy those first few weeks and months... it pays off down the road... ((HUGS )) the waiting is the worst Lisa put this little character smilie who goes in circles waiting on the boards and it is SO appropriate!!! Princess Carole this site is sOO helpful...and was a Godsend for me just reading and sharing certainly lightened the load!!! Princess Carole (well earned title we get upon our Castle Visit!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register